COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris much better tonight. More confident. I'm feeling somewhat less uneasy about his strength of character when it comes to putting up the barriers against political interference from the self-interested donors and advisors etc.

Wow it’s everyone on PAYE.

As much as people, including me, have stuck the boot in this week, this is astonishingly bold by the government.

The people will remember this and Boris could become a hero.

I mean the aftermath or am I talking shit?

Reassure me please.
Was going to be a sharp down and sharp rebound.

The drop won’t be as bad now and the recovery will be very strong.

Government borrowing will go through the roof but that matters very little at the coupon rate on long term Gilts. Pension funds will still buy them up in their billions.

I don't know the details but from what I can gather, I am proud our government seems to be doing the right thing. It was always the case that the entire country would be much worse off if when we get to the other side of this terrible crisis, half our businesses had been lost and half the country out of work. Funding everything in order to keep everything "on pause" ready to get life back to normal as soon as possible was always going to be the best policy. It's a simply vast economic commitment, but frankly a no-brainer.

I’ve criticised and now fair to call it the other way. Great update today, well delivered with positives and answers for people. My only complaint is we knew it would come to this, why wait, so frustrating.

Amazing figures being quoted in the financial help and fair fucks to them for it, yep it may mean a while to get back on track but that’s better than everything coming to an immediate holt now. Well done Goverment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.