The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

How quickly things have changed. I was guilty of starting this thread under a different title just 9 days ago, when the bog roll stampede was little more than an amusing peccadillo. We could poke fun at panic buyers then. Not any more!

I’m not a natural pessimist. Most essential stuff seems to be out there but not on the shelves. Wankers can’t bulk-buy for ever. (Can they?) Supermarkets are recruiting thousands and (belatedly) being more vigilant on restrictions. We also have the army in reserve if supply chains to the supermarkets are clogged. It may take a while longer but surely things will start to settle down. People may to be a little more thoughtful and ingenious with meal planning in the meantime.

Saw the girl from the butcher's yesterday and to quote her ". 4 weeks ago we saw the best in humanity when we were all flooding, this week it's the worse of it".
She's not wrong.

Things are settling down. It's just people going to the same shops expecting something different to yesterday.
I can get virtually everything from our corner shop.
Yet the local supermarkets are bare.
Their system of stock supply is the problem. But they are finally getting to grips with things.
Let's see if in a week things are better.

Yay, managed to get bog roll from B and M. Stop using the newspaper kids !!

How quickly things have changed. I was guilty of starting this thread under a different title just 9 days ago, when the bog roll stampede was little more than an amusing peccadillo. We could poke fun at panic buyers then. Not any more!

I’m not a natural pessimist. Most essential stuff seems to be out there but not on the shelves. Wankers can’t bulk-buy for ever. (Can they?) Supermarkets are recruiting thousands and (belatedly) being more vigilant on restrictions. We also have the army in reserve if supply chains to the supermarkets are clogged. It may take a while longer but surely things will start to settle down. People may to be a little more thoughtful and ingenious with meal planning in the meantime.
another problem with these panic buyers,even though shops now have brought in these restrictions on goods,ie,only 2 or 4 being allowed to buy of 1 item
they will be that shelfish they will just go to their cars,unload,and walk back in again and do it all over again.

another problem with these panic buyers,even though shops now have brought in these restrictions on goods,ie,only 2 or 4 being allowed to buy of 1 item
they will be that shelfish they will just go to their cars,unload,and walk back in again and do it all over again.
I was in Tesco yesterday and that’s exactly what the checkout operator was saying was happening.

Starting to blame the shops more than the greedy fuckers.

As an ex Tesco manager i absolutely agree and spoke to a still Tesco manager this morning about it.

Take off all multi buy offers and introduce strict buying rules on certain items. Lady with 10 packs of toilet roll gets told at the till to put 9 of them back and so on and so on........

It really is that simple and for supermarket boards to be on the news pleading for panic buying to stop annoys me as its them that are allowing it in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.