COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile we consider whether Wimbledon might go ahead or not.

Wimbledon is what, mid-July?

If the modelling is correct then it might well go ahead after a 7-10 week lock down. Especially if they're debating no crowds.

People need to realise that while we need to immediately shut down properly - its not forever. 2 months of quarantine now and the virus will almost be gone and we can get some normality back with very strict tracking and quarsntinign of new outbreaks.

That's ignoring any treatment or diagnostic breakthroughs in the next few months.

I think in 2 weeks the bigger problem will not be if the government lets big events happen, but if people would dare go. When our numbers are up to 30,000 dead in a month, peoples attitude will be one of real fear of public events.

[QUOTE ="Vic, post: 12541953, member: 13684"]Have you locked yourself in?
I've chosen not to visit my my mum and dad; my kids aren't allowed to play near or with any others. I'm a teacher so designated as "key worker" so will have to be in work tomorrow. You decided to have your family round; and then more of the family round; you're classified as being at risk; you could have contracted this from them or passed it on to them if you have it and so the dominoes start to tumble. As I said, bell-end. A very selfish one at that.[/QUOTE]
I could have done without the abuse, but we had conversations, and daughter (whose idea it was) clearly wasn't sure it was a good idea. She will deliver the card through the door - which we can leave on the mat for a day! Considering we are in an area with a 0.002% confirmed rate of infection (re population) I'm not sure I was much more selfish than going jogging and possibly passing other people, but on the bell-end scale there are people making careful choices about risk and there are people invading the countryside.

I was being facetious, but thanks. Does the same not apply to cafes with outdoor seating? hardly takeaway, when you take it as far as the front door, then sit out in ths place with lots of others doing the same.
So disappointing, not just the cafes doing it, bur people using it too.
The legislation is (deliberately) widely worded so I wouldn’t fancy their chances of avoiding punishment, assuming they are prosecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.