COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprisingly this is a complete and utter clusterfuck.

And now Sports Direct are saying they’ll be open.

Here’s the simple truth: tomorrow they’ll be millions of people going to work, traveling on public transport, exercising in the streets and congregating in parks.

Complete lunacy.

Just listened again to Boris's statement and he makes no mention of the word essential, to make matters worse Sky are now saying you can only trvel to work for essential work to fight the Coronavirus, but there banner just says travel to work.

It's as clear as mud.
He said unless absolutely essential, ffs

How can it be clear the BBC have just said you can only travel to work if it’s essential ie you can’t work from home. So some think he is closing people’s work places and the bbc and I have just seen part of his presentation and it seems he isn’t closing works places. Stay at home if you can work from home. It’s all a fucking mystery.

What do you find unclear?

The Welsh minister has said only food shops, pharmacists, petrol stations and post offices will be allowed to stay open.
I doubt England will be any different.
I've already heard hardware stores and newsagents will be open.
Company text, i'm expected to be in work tomorrow.
We make machines that season and wrap crisps, not essential at all.
Food supply chain is usually regarded as essential.
Yeah, but there's a government amendment floating about that... I've found a summary: https://nearlylegal.co.uk/2020/03/emergency-legislation-on-possession-claims/

It's not what they promised. Peston is going to ask.

ATM it looks like the rented accomodation, and many many workers are in danger of being shafted en masse. And we're all in danger of being shafted by every fucking boss in the land being absolutely 100% confident that his business is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.