COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you have zero understanding of the wider implications of such authoritarian measures in western politics.

I cannot fathom how you can not grasp that sometimes the right thing to do will leave you uneasy.
Yes, let's all be worried that this is leading to some mass end of democracy and that through these actions we could save tens of thousands of lives nationally and millions globally. Uneasy? I will sleep uneasy - because he hasn't gone far enough. You'll sleep uneasy because your Dianne Abbott pillow can't be dry-cleaned for a few weeks.

If they had just imposed full lockdown weeks ago, it would have felt draconian, authoritarian and a blow to morale, nit to mention how many would actually beleive it necessary or beneficial. The chaos on societu would be huge.

By giving the public the chance to self impose it, and doing it incrementally, they are giving the public time and the chance to get there themselves, and finally buy into it. Its highly unfortunate that is how long it seems to take, and that is how many lives it puts at risk. But we are not s.korea, or other nations, there is a culture to know and work with.
Incidentally, the gov thenselves have been somewhat naive at the start, but since they have started on a route, it has been predictable and gradual, and as i said before, i myself welcome it over a snap change. Which for the record i'd have fully accepted. This however will be far mir palatable and many may even support it that otherwise would have resisted it, had they not been given the time and sense to get there themselves.

This is fair too sensible to be on this thread/forum.

People are saying we should have gone full lockdown two weeks ago, well by now we’d have had mass disobedience and far more totally against it in the media and public.

I fully expect a total lockdown in the coming days, we’re gradually getting there, as you say.

To those saying well being gradual is costing lives, it’ll actually save lives in the long run as these measures will last longer and see us into the summer, where things will improve in the NHS.

Me, my wife and two kids haven’t left our house for 11 days (except I take the dog for a 5min walk twice a day). Not one single complaint from any of us. The kids have been absolutely brilliant so far and the time is going so quick.

Some people need to get a grip.
But what about the all seeing government eye? This is 1984 and saving lives should make us all uneasy.

Told mine I’m not coming in, work drying up anyway plus I’ve been coughing all day so better to be safe, he’s not overly impressed but basically told him to get to fuck.
If you have bee coughing all day he has no right to expect you in work as you should self-isolate.

This is fair too sensible to be on this thread/forum.

People are saying we should have gone full lockdown two weeks ago, well by now we’d have had mass disobedience and far more totally against it in the media and public.

I fully expect a total lockdown in the coming days, we’re gradually getting there, as you say.

To those saying well being gradual is costing lives, it’ll actually save lives in the long run as these measures will last longer and see us into the summer, where things will improve in the NHS.

this.
After the weekends shenanigans I’d have been happy to see troops in the streets.
Last week I would have thought it over the top.
I now think it’s inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.