COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it and as long as it could be processed quick it could work. The main issue with it is processing stuff as i understand it. We often hear coppers say a simple stop and search can result in hours of paperwork. If fining for this issue was similar they would very very quickly bog themselves down with paperwork.

One other issue is proving certain situations were against the rules. Stopping someone on the street for example. They go to fine them and the person replies that it is the first time they have been out all day and it is to get essentials from the shop/checking on an elderly friend before bed etc. The police may even have had calls about this person but a concerned citizens comments are still only hear say as far as the law is concerned. They would need to sign written statements etc for it to be worth more. That it's self is an issue, all that hassle for one bloke who is going for to many walks. If you started taking statements and all that stuff then that is as good as 2 coppers full shift taken up with 1 single incident of which i assume there will be many.

I do like your idea but in practice i can see a load of issues, in fact it's pretty much impossible to police properly currently. I think only major incidents like a big party getting busted will get any real action taken against them. Even then what action? if people do a runner, will police see it serious enough to chase them down like a legit criminal? I can see it now, Dorris from number 34 with a police helicopter spot light pointing her out as she feeds the donkeys in the field across the road for the 3rd time in one day as a ground unit move in on her hehe. Okay that is just a funny idea but you see where i am coming from. What resources to use, how much force in some situations is merited etc.

Unless it is some sort of total lockdown the police are being put in an impossible situation as i see it.
Completely agree. It’s a nice idea but the reality is people will take the piss and it will be impossible to police. If they can get a few fines in early doors that would at least be a deterrent. Would be nice if they could get an on the spot fine and hand the cash over there and then.

To be fair this was being flagged at Christmas but we were all too busy with the festivities and leaving the EU .... steps could have begun then.
They could but pretty much the whole world relied on China dealing with it sadly, they might have got close too, but sadly it escaped, and the rest of the world wasn't really watching. It was pretty much a perfect storm that it got into northern Italy just about the time everyone was going skiing and they exported it to many other places.

As for buying I have seen things getting better in the shops yesterday and today and if travel restrictions are enforced stocks can be replenished and the shelves needn't be cleared by locusts the minute bog rolls or eggs arrive. Should alleviate any shortages. Stores can also continue to enforce their own "two limit" or whatever to products at the till.
This should be easy, but it depends on idiots learning to be sensible, they won't sadly.

Walked past a neighbour this afternoon (nice chap generally), he was proud to tell me he was exchanging his toilet roll for bread and milk with someone in a car, didn't know them, and he was saying to them "I should be self isolating really (no idea why).

Meanwhile I was walking past him with bread and milk in a shopping bag from my local waitrose, bought in the late afternoon.

I expect a lot of manufacturers will want to stay open while there is a demand for the products they are making. Their business may not be essential during the current crisis, although while they are open their companies will consider it essential for those in production to attend work.

Isn’t this one of the issues with Italy, so they are talking about a strike to reduce this to manufacturing critical for the things needed during this crisis?
I expect the Durex factory to remain open.

Someone in here said it was postponed a year i think.
Whiich is great news for the millions who have tonight taken a new interest in all things exercise related.
I reckon Barry and Sid off the local estate will be making a run for the UK team come 12 months time.

Cheers everyone.

I have emailed my IBD nurse and copied my boss in. I will try the doctors again tomorrow. If I don't get any clarification then I am going to have to go in work unfortunately.

You must stay in,don't take any chances,if you call your surgery ay 08.00 and explain you want to talk to a dr about it then they should ring you back later in the day for a chat,DON'T go to the surgery,you should isolate

Talk to your boss, you should be self isolating anyway with those symptoms.

I think they have said the majority of people will receive notification tomorrow, i know some have had details today though.

Trump currently saying that the US will be lifting social distancing restrictions "fairly soon", despite the fact that the US will lead the world in cases by the weekend. Pouring petrol on an electrical fire.

maybe boris is doing the nice aproach first

in less than a months time the public are going to be running around like chickens with no heads, an absolute recipe for disaster with all those guns, civil disorder on a scale you could not imagine

I suppose it depends on what he means by fairly soon. If they lock down for 3-4 weeks then they will pretty much cut the virus off at the knees. Everyone who was infected prior to lockdown will have recovered or be in intensive care. Everyone who went into lockdown with someone contagious would have shown symptoms and either have gotten over it or be in hospital.

So after 4 weeks, the number of active cases is tiny, and then in theory if you tested everyone often and had a very good track and trace, combined with social responsibilities then you could probably lift lockdowns.

I think Britain will be in lockdown for about a month, and then we will go back to our social distancing from before tonight's announcement, and then it might flare up again at some point and we'll have to go back in lock down for a bit....rinse and repeat Until August.

To some extent Kaz I have the same problem but my postie is wonderful.They know it takes a while to get to the door should they require a signature but they do it on my behalf.I always leave the front door unlocked and any larger envelopes/packets and they just open said door and leave them on the mat.Wonderful staff and always give them a Christmas tip as a big thank you.
I hope you wipe them ;-) who knows what the postie has got ?

Looks like the NHS has dropped diabetics from the at risk category, it seems to have happened overnight.

List of diseases and conditions considered to be very high risk:

1.Solid organ transplant recipients

2.People with specific cancers •People with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer •People with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment •People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer •People having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors •People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs

3.People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD

4.People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell)

5.People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection

6.People who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavi...2020/03/at-risk-patient-letter-march-2020.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.