COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said about five times this morning. Humans haven’t lived in close proximity to these animals and their pathogens for the last 200,000 years. As such, we can’t deal with their viruses and pathogens.

But they have. WE haven't, but other parts of the world have. Asia grow and consume fruit and vegetables we havnt even heard of, heck rice was once unheard of. Should that too be seen as a risk? maybe, but it is part of that geolocational society and culture.

Are you following the Trump attack on it being the China virus? SARS was 18 years ago and now we have this virus.

Wet markets do need shutting, but not sure how you can hold China accountable for a virus. Is your claim still in to the US for causing the Spanish Flu and killing your Great great uncle?

*sent from my chINaPHONE.

Viruses have to start somewhere

China’s relaxed approach and the not shutting down of these wet markets caused it. They then suppressed information and as late as January were lying about it not being able to transmit from human to human. They covered up the scale of the problem initially which has in no doubt resulted in many more deaths, than if they had been truthful.

The Communist Party are immoral and dangerous.

That’s not even getting onto their concentration camps for Muslims or their treatment of Hong Kong.

I'm getting pretty anxious about all this. I work in a supermarket which exposes myself to a lot of different people and have a horrible feeling this thing might finish me off.

My medical history has all been respiratory related. Pleurisy, pneumonia, two collapsed lungs which required surgery which led to complications and a prolonged chest drain and now I'm diagnosed with bullous emphysema.

I've raised concern with the night manager but he stated unless I receive one of those letters from my GP I'm fine to work. I'm already on a reduced hours contract because of occupational health.
I'm thinking of self isolating for the good my anxiety more than anything.
Could you email your boss, and his boss? Set out your health issues and your anxiety. Explain that you might have to self isolate. Put it in writing. Perhaps suggest that if you lose your job over this you will sue for constructive dismissal?

85c8d9f947520affad7dbd99cd13bb0e.jpg

21ec7203a313857bd67ec56c4cae1877.jpg

Not looking good for NY & US in general. London currently where Lombardia was which is worrying but Lombardia has quite a spike, hopefully London won’t follow.

Next few days will show us the consequences of our initial plans.

I don't agree with that really, not as a principle at least.

Totally not my thing or something i would willingly try, but logically, what IS the difference? Why is a cricket different from a prawn, a snake from a trout, a bat from a fowl etc etc. And a rat has 4 legs too.

All animals (and humans) carry diseases, we have had mad cow disease, various and numerous infections from pork, commonly had worm from sea fish prior to change in legislation in freezing at the source, salmonella from chicken etc etc. Hard to argue the risk is less. To me it is purely a choice based on cultural or personal preconceptions.

By no means however do i disagree that this could and should have been avoided by proper procedures and measures in place, which werent regulated at the markets, nor was controlling the spread proactive enough.

I’m sorry I’m not having that.

When the rest of the world looks at what you’re doing in disgust, it’s pretty clear you’re the odd one out, when it comes to diet.

Some animals bring disease more than others and are known to do so.

You can’t tell me seafood is the same as eating a spider or eating a cow is the same as eating a bat.

There’s a reason no one else eats these things.

We’ve had a very mild, even warm, March, so why should hospitals only start to be inundated now if we already had the spike?

Also the fact that we are only just NOW seeing new symptoms like the loss of taste and smell, further reinforces that we are only just starting to see more people getting this. We are a long way off the spike.

Just been told by relatives Thailand has implememted a month long curfew from tomorrow

You are not permitted outside between 7pm -5am where they are.
You can claim a B5000 monthly payment for those who are losing work through closures,

The full measures listed by the government

Level 1 – general emergency situations.

No one may leave the home within the specified period. Unless authorised by a competent official. The current news says that the curfew will be specified at 19.00-07.00 hrs (7pm-7am).

– Prohibiting assembly or mingling anywhere.

– prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles

– Prohibiting the use of buildings. Or enter or be in any place.

– To evacuate people from the designated area for the safety of the said people. Or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated area.

(1) No person may leave the dwelling place within the specified period. Except with permission from a competent official or an exempt person.

(2) No assembly or mobilisation at any place or any act which instigates unrest

(3) Prohibiting the publication of news or distribution or distribution of books, publications or any other media which contains messages which may cause people to be afraid, or intentionally distort information and cause misunderstanding in an emergency situation.

(4) Prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles. Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles.

(5) Prohibiting the use of buildings Or enter or be in any place.

(6) To evacuate the people from the designated area for the safety of the said people or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated areaLevel 2 Critical emergency situations

– The authority shall have the power to arrest and control any person suspected to be a co-offender in an emergency situation. As is necessary to suppress the violence without delay.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order calling any person to conduct a report or in for questioning.
– The official shall have the power to issue an order to seize or retain, consumer goods, chemicals or any other objects.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order to search, demolish or destroy any building or obsitcal if needed.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order prohibiting anyone to leave the Kingdom.
– Issue orders to use military force for Serious events or an emergency situation to sustain and minimise the level of damage.

Quit clear and direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.