COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of ours and her husband have caught it. They were in contact with someone two weeks ago, who tested positive this week, but it’s not clear if they definitely caught it from her.

We saw our friends almost two weeks ago, after she had seen this girl but currently have zero symptoms.

Do we self isolate?

my understanding is, if you've been in contact with someone tested positive, yes.
NB im well behind so may have been properly answered in the meantime.

These are sad figures but amongst the alarm, it should be pointed out that the number of new cases reported from Spain today was significantly down on those of the previous two days. Pray it continues and that there is some respite for the system.

That might be more to do with when each region announce their numbers. Some haven’t been doing it until 10:30 at night so that figure will probably rise. We’re still into pre-lockdown numbers.

We’ve only been on lockdown for 11-12 days so we still have a few days left before seeing any change.

I did see that The Who say it’s an average of about 10 days to die but can take up to 22 days.

The other thing to note about Spain is that according to worldometer they have 35,000 critical cases with a current death rate of almost 50% so it’s gonna be an absolute tragic week here.

We have to cross our fingers that the peak is reached within 7 days I would imagine.
Thanks for digging the actual figures out.
The UK's critical figures on Worldometer haven't been updated for days. It should be roughly the number of people on ICU with COVID-19.

91371292_10221899242772198_3592152698952089600_n.jpg

Just had a phone call from my mum. My dad is recovering from a bowel operation at Wythenshawe hospital and they are moving everyone in his ward to use that ward for coronavirus patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.