Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

James when supporting the Courteeners at Heaton Park last year was absolute dog shit

They were but then nobody went to watch them. When I saw them in Venue Cymru in Llandudno they were outstanding. It’s all about the venue and audience.

Years ago my wife was into the American type lovers. Went to see Alexander O’Neal. He was dreadful. Mick Hucknall was sat next to us and he fucked it off, not far before we did. On the other hand we went to see another who I was not looking forward to. Barry White remains one of my all time top gigs, particularly because I wasn’t expecting much but he was brilliant.

I was at that gig and the one they did at Milton Keynes bowl later. I thought they were amazing. Know quite a few people who went and they all loved it. Michael Stipe is the best vocalist of his generation.
With music there is no right or wrong. Everyone’s taste is different so each to their own I guess.

Find a River is one of my all time favourite tracks.

I must be one of the only people who love the Unforgettable Fire album, A sort of homecoming is a storming track imo

Cracking album. Do people not rate it? Er…excuse me? “Wire” is an astounding performance, especially by Bono (who I've come to find a bit of a tit, really, but that doesn't change anything). But then, anything that has the imprint of the Svengali of pop/rock of the last forty years — Eno — is likely to have some class.
Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit too sleepy, lazy, or just down, I just put my earphones in, crank up the sound, and put “Wire” on. After five minutes of that adrenalin, I'm good to go again.

I must be one of the only people who love the Unforgettable Fire album, A sort of homecoming is a storming track imo

You're not, it's their best album, many would say the joshua tree, but without the unforgettable fire album they'd have never made it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.