Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

I had this outstanding album in the late 60s by a band called Love, the album was Forever Changes.
Anyway they played at Free Trade Hall circa 1970, I loved the album and couldn't wait.
The main singer/leader was Arthur Lee.
He was pissed as a fart and was terrible, he actually said ' if anyone's come here to hear Forever Changes, you can fuck off'
They just played really heavy stuff but Lee was all over the place.
People just walked out.

I was at that gig that night. To be honest, I had never heard of them. A mate had a spare ticket, so I tagged along. After the gig had finished, one of the roadies asked if anybody wanted to help dismantling the set. Both of us volunteered and I put a drumstick down the front of my jeans as a memento. My dad used to use it for mixing his wallpaper paste when decorating.

Pretty Boy Floyd.
Wow, that takes me back.

love me some 80s rock/metal/glam.
Enuff z’ Nuff & Faster Pussycat played in my home town a few years ago.
Gutted I couldn’t make it.

saw E’Nuff Z’Nuff last year, though Chip is now singing after Donnie Vie left and isn’t great.

Worst I ever saw was Paul Di’Anno in Helsinki a few years ago, three hours late onstage, barely croaked through a couple of songs, screamed for someone in a Maiden shirt to be kicked out. Then home in time for a taxi to the airport to watch us lose to Wigan in the cup final. Bad weekend that.

To be honest Sonic Temple in my opinion is the best they have done, the albums after that 'Beyond Good And Evil' and 'Hidden City' are good but not up there with Sonic Temple.
I was disappointed with 'Born Into This' and I think the band were. On the last few tours I don't think I have heard a single track from that album played live.

Cheers mate. Disappointed to read that, but also reassuring too, that Sonic Temple remains their pinnacle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.