COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly and genuinely think that come November, no one will be able to fly anywhere again as all airlines will not exist?

Its an interesting topic - if we accept that the general consensus is that we will at minimum be required to adhere to social distancing until the end of this year at 2 metes apart then how do you implement those logistics on a plane in terms of passenger spacing? I genuinely don't know the metrics of a typical 747 for example. Its a conundrum and I suspect that any pre requirements with an antibody test from the carriers will not be implementable either as that's another can of worms with more questions than answers.

I am really pleasantly surprised that we've stayed so low on deaths especially as we've moved from our original plan and seem to have had zero pre-planning for this virus added to mass idiotic public actions.

We keep being told the worst is to come but the longer before we peak hopefully the better for survival and maybe just maybe the peak will be smaller....I know grasping at straws.

Not at all. Maybe the original mortality projections were based on flawed or incomplete data.

I am really pleasantly surprised that we've stayed so low on deaths especially as we've moved from our original plan and seem to have had zero pre-planning for this virus added to mass idiotic public actions.

We keep being told the worst is to come but the longer before we peak hopefully the better for survival and maybe just maybe the peak will be smaller....I know grasping at straws.
I think that describing yourself grasping at straws is too extreme. There are several encouraging signs that we are going to avoid the worst excesses of this, which are being visited on Spain and Italy. Not home and hosed, but a realistic prospect, as things stand.

Anyone else find the scaremongering from the media disgraceful?. The latest Mail headline is about a guy who contracted Corona, and died on his own in self isolation even though he was married. Nothing wrong with that, but the bit about how it started with a scratchy throat causes sheer panic now throughout the country.
Loads of people with the slightest of sore throats must shit themselves, they're just creating more fear. I've given up with the news and papers now after that latest panic story.
I find their reporting of Russian ships in the Channel a fucking disgrace!

I think that describing yourself grasping at straws is too extreme. There are several encouraging signs that we are going to avoid the worst excesses of this, which are being visited on Spain and Italy. Not home and hosed, but a realistic prospect, as things stand.

if you were to pick two countries in Europe which had to adhere to strict rules and you would guess would disregarded them, which would you pick?

To be honest I think we perhaps need more scaremongering. Pictures of people in their teens and twenties, dying, might help change the behaviour of the morons. Another group of about 15 kids just sauntered past the house without a care in the world.
That’s true, however. My Dad was working yesterday and saw a group of lads off for a kick about.

The gov have shared their vulnerable group with supermarkets and they will be getting shopping delivered

I am really proud of our country,from the staff keeping us alive to the people in a street singing happy birthday to a kid and old chap hanging out of their windowswindows

we have more volunteers helping with coronavirus in the uk than there are reported cases of corona virus In the entire world !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.