COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that those talking about the U.K. doing things right are proven to be correct, I really do.
I certainly wouldn’t be going off figures released so far to claim this is the case though.
You are just at the start in real terms and the next fortnight or so is the time to make a bit of sense of the statistics.

I hope that those talking about the U.K. doing things right are proven to be correct, I really do.
I certainly wouldn’t be going off figures released so far to claim this is the case though.
You are just at the start in real terms and the next fortnight or so is the time to make a bit of sense of the statistics.

Probably won't really know for a year. It's likely to rear its ugly head again down the line.

I’m hopeful Spain has reached its peak. We’re now 13/14 days into lock down and it looks like two consecutive days of reducing deaths. I hope this is true because the country needs some good news.

The UK is still 2/3 weeks away from its peak and their peak will last a lot longer based on the current situation. The numbers this week have been (surprisingly) very positive despite the obvious tragedy enfolding.

I agree, it’s only a short-term pattern, which is why (as ever) I chose my words carefully, but there are some (relatively speaking) positive signs.

I’d be staggered if Chris Whitty called it significantly wrong. He’s words should be taken at face value imo.

I’m hopeful Spain has reached its peak. We’re now 13/14 days into lock down and it looks like two consecutive days of reducing deaths. I hope this is true because the country needs some good news.

The UK is still 2/3 weeks away from its peak and their peak will last a lot longer based on the current situation. The numbers this week have been (surprisingly) very positive despite the obvious tragedy enfolding.
There s been a new rule regarding anouncing deaths as family consent is now needed could be the reason for the delay.

we know we are they have warned us the next two weeks are going to be tough.

Where are you based Jay?

I know that I and others acted on wearing a mask and gloves, social distancing and isolating (even though I haven’t needed to isolate due to no symptoms) before the government told me to; because I saw what was happening in China, Iran, South Korea and Italy.

I already washed my hands regularly before this.

Im worried about what last weekend’s big jolly-up will do to our numbers in the next week or so though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.