COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being not far from insanity, the news of how lots of people are responding to this lot is wonderful news. There are those that still tend to have what seems a blatant disregard for other forms of humanity but from what I've personally seen from my neighbours and other social media outlets...an acceptance to the conditions is seemingly being positively enacted. Well done to every one for that, including to those who are stuck in doors!

Quite high figures in the Netherlands again, today; managed to find this on the official government site.

Total number of patients tested positive: 7431 (+1019)
Total number of reported deceased patients: 434 (+78)
Total number of reported patients admitted (or have been) hospitalized: 2151

Being not far from insanity, the news of how lots of people are responding to this lot is wonderful news. There are those that still tend to have what seems a blatant disregard for other forms of humanity but from what I've personally seen from my neighbours and other social media outlets...an acceptance to the conditions is seemingly being positively enacted. Well done to every one for that, including to those who are stuck in doors!
The general public in most places are brilliant, especially in a crisis. There’s always 10% everywhere that ruin for everyone.

I think that describing yourself grasping at straws is too extreme. There are several encouraging signs that we are going to avoid the worst excesses of this, which are being visited on Spain and Italy. Not home and hosed, but a realistic prospect, as things stand.

Given I am a pessimistic twat I am surprised my gut feeling is that you are right. I think we are in for a rough few weeks but suspect somehow we might escape the worst of it.

I also think these people at Oxford university may not be far off with their claims that a huge amount of people have already had it and infact far more have very mild or no symptoms at all. Even Vallance did not rule it out or dismiss their findings.

This outbreak may well be a very very painful wake up call for the world. It has proved that a more deadly bug could quite easily decimate the worlds population in a matter of weeks.

Its bad, its going to be very bad here but I think others are going to get it much worse. Most worryingly for the grace of god it could have been apocalyptic across the globe, next time it may well be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.