COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. My bad. I don't know why but for some reason the calculator didn't include the personal allowance when I ran it. I ran it again and it did. Your take home would be £20,538, so close to £20,000 but not more.

That said, if you were on £30,000 a year then you'd get £24,000 with 80% of gross, or £23,938 if on full pay, taxed. So in that case, I would be right (just!) ;-)
I'm disappointed that you made the fundamental mistake of excluding the personal tax allowance. I am beginning to doubt all your excellent calculation, analyses and hypotheses on the covid data. Signed a sadly disillusioned follower...

The 115 deaths today in the UK is only for 3/4 of the day due to the change in process where each hospital has a running total of confirmed death statistics that they can't fuck up like they did yesterday (with double counting and no counting).
It should have been around 180/190 if done as previously.

Last edited:
There are only two ways we can depress the infection rate:
  1. Social distancing
  2. Testing
We're not doing either to the maximum. The PH spokesperson in the press conference claimed it was not appropriate to this stage in the epidemic, well if you can take people out of the transmission chain at any time it's appropriate. The testing supply constraint is a harder problem to solve but I look at the testing numbers in the USA and they now completely dwarf the UK in absolute and per capita terms. They can obtain supply, the UK can not? The UK was testing a lot of people, we aren't now. We're just using testing now for clinical diagnoses and to test health workers.

No mate, this was a 24hr period from 5pm Tues-5pm Weds. Yesterday's result were only from 9am Tues- 5pm Tues.

The testing figure are 9 am today but the fatalities are till 5pm yesterday.
That being the case these fatalities should have been included in yesterday's figures and would totalled 156 deaths yesterday, which is a massive jump from the previous day's 89 iirc, when the total figure put out for yesterday was 43 deaths UK wide.
So that means we are 24hrs behind in the death figures.

In terms of Italy the recent death rates were:

Sat 793 (highest so far)
Sun 651
Mon 601
Tues 743
Weds 683
Today 712

It's sad they haven't decreased further since Monday but hopefully that 793 will be the highest when all is said and done.

Those numbers are to be expected tbh too, given the number of cases has only stagnated this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay at that for a week or so.

if you need resus in a UK hospital today, you are dead. They do not have the staff or level of protective equipment to perform this activity safely.
Any one working with Coronavirus patients can confirm this.
You only had a 25% chance of long term survival if it happens in hospital anyway. You had a 45% chance if it happened before you got to hospital and were put on medication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.