Most Overrated Player to Play for City

Trevor Francis was too good for us he was utter class. Remember his debut away at Stoke he scored twice in a 3-1 win. Blues in three quarters of the ground great day out.
I was there that day. Baking hot day and, as you said, the place was rammed solid with blues. For your bonus prize, who scored our other goal that day? NO GOOGLING!

Phil Boyer?

Nigel Clough ...totally over rated. Did absolutely nothing other than damage the depleted coffers buying him.
Remember someone running on the pitch and ripping up their ST in front of him.

Remember someone running on the pitch and ripping up their ST in front of him.

He also gave the ball away in the derby and the a Family Man stuck it in the top corner and we lost 3:2 - probably got us relegated that lost point. He was an absolute disgrace.

I get the Kinkladze criticism,but let’s face it he was the only bright spark we had in a dismal time for the club

It’s easy now looking back and thinking it,because of the wonderful players we have this day and age ,but during that time he was the only player worth going to see and anyone who watched us in that era can’t argue with that and if you do I’m still sure your eyes lit up when he got the ball,otherwise you are kidding yourselves

Jesus.....

I can’t believe Kinky and De Jong have made in here.

Seriously.

Kinky was fantastic and for far more than 6 or 7 games.

He carried us for a season or two on his own.

De Jong deserved all the plaudits, he was just what we needed in the transition between wannabe and Title winners if only for his will to win attitude, an amazing passer of the ball too not to mention the way he protected the back line.

I’m dumbfounded by both these entrants.

Robinho was a myth before and after he came

I know this won’t be popular but I thought Bernabia was overated and didn’t perform ‘that’ consistently. How many actual games (in the PL) did he make a difference in?

Plus he played against some shite in the Championship where they made him look good imo.

Kinky was a cult hero over anything else. When I was in Georgia, I purposely went to Dinamo Tbilisi’s ground to buy myself one of their shirts. They sadly didn’t have the blue home one but I have the white away on my IKEA rail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.