Most Overrated Player to Play for City

The OP couldnt be more wrong , De Jong was a superb midfielder , perhaps he can name all these careers he ruined , i can only remember the lad at Newcastle getting a broken leg and the referee didnt even give a free kick for that challenge

I mean, at least 2 other posters have mentioned De Jong being overrated so I could, in fact, be more wrong.

Don’t put words in my mouth, I never mentioned the term ‘ruined’. He did, however, break Ben Afra’s leg, break Holden’s leg and break another MLS player’s leg. In addition, is now infamous for an appalling tackle in the World Cup Final.

I’d argue breaking 3 player’s legs in your career probably deduces the player making the tackles has a bit of a problem, otherwise that’s some rotten luck.

He was a ‘heart on your sleeve’ player who often went to ground. Most loved this, thus overrated him as they wanted to see that. At the same time, in the same midfield, Barry wasn’t doing any of that as he had the awareness and positional sense to not need to, making him a superior player.

Hence my selection of De Jong as my overrated choice. I wasn’t gutted when he left, and barring kicking his way through to a World Cup final, didn’t achieve much in his career afterwards.

you dont know how lucky you are , try going back 50 years supporting the club , and this lot would look like world beaters in comparison to some of the clowns that have pulled on a blue shirt.

They may do, but it’s not who was shit, but who they think is overrated.

There can be amazing players, who are still over hyped for some posters.
They’re not saying these players are shit.

When we signed Sinclair, I hadn’t realised he was a Blue from Whitefield. West Ham were having a clear out as they’d been relegated and I dare say he wanted to play for his childhood club. I’d always known Tricky Trev as a QPR player so I’d assumed he was a Londoner at the time. The overhead kick goal for the Super Hoops was special.
We were linked with Sinclair when he was at Blackpool, not sure how serious our interest was. This may have been round the time Geoff Thomas would walk to Manchester to sign for us but only got as far as Wolves.

Mick Chanon, big signing back in the day 350K? lot of money for the England Striker, absolute tosh, more worried about his bleeding horses than scoring goals. Spent more time on his arse than on his feet.

He was still top scorer in his first season. You can’t overlook that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.