COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with the wearher also being shite at that time it is much more likely that people would have stayed at home.

I think the Government had done many good things during the crisis, but they have also fucked up on more than one occasion.
People always fuck up in a crisis - even more so in a wartime crisis - and make no mistake, we are at war. It's how you handle and recover from the fuck ups that counts in the long term.
Rigid doctrine and processes always lose out to agility in the medium and long term.

Is it time for a Covid-19 hindsight thread? Might make for fewer arguments on this one.

When this cycle is over the world can take stock and put measures in place to improve responses to future novel viruses. I’m not sure WHO will be totally blameless.
The retrospectoscope is a very powerful analysis tool. 20:20 hindsight is always perfect!

From BBC Scotland:

Ms Sturgeon says the new Covid-19 testing facility at Glasgow University will allow Scotland to increase its testing capacity in proportion with the rest of the UK. The Scottish government is also contemplating plans around antibody testing too, but the first minister cautioned against expectations that such a scheme could start anytime soon.

"That kind of test doesn't currently exist," she said. "We hope it will do soon, but the fact is that might still be some time away."

That is unfortunate if true given all the noise there has been about it being available.

Honestly i’m so shocked. You could knock me over with a feather.

I was a pretty big fan of Cadwalladr's reporting in the past but she has completely lost it over coronavirus IMO. Yesterday she went on a massive rant because Matt Hancock was out of quarantine after just 6 days, and had to be reminded that he went into quarantine the day before it was announced so he had indeed served his 7.

Lockdown 2 months ago would have saved 3,000+ lives in Britain. Every country has had to make a decision on lockdown based on limiting the very real damage to the economy (which will kill people) and limiting the epidemic. Italy fucked theirs up, and lost hundreds of people because their health service got overrun. Sweden still haven't done it yet, Germany have lower restrictions than us.

Is it time for a Covid-19 hindsight thread? Might make for fewer arguments on this one.

When this cycle is over the world can take stock and put measures in place to improve responses to future novel viruses. I’m not sure WHO will be totally blameless.
Just go back to page 1...

I was a pretty big fan of Cadwalladr's reporting in the past but she has completely lost it over coronavirus IMO. Yesterday she went on a massive rant because Matt Hancock was out of quarantine after just 6 days, and had to be reminded that he went into quarantine the day before it was announced so he had indeed served his 7.

Lockdown 2 months ago would have saved 3,000+ lives in Britain. Every country has had to make a decision on lockdown based on limiting the very real damage to the economy (which will kill people) and limiting the epidemic. Italy fucked theirs up, and lost hundreds of people because their health service got overrun. Sweden still haven't done it yet, Germany have lower restrictions than us.

She’s a fucking nutcase that woman.

She has claimed the Cabinet getting COVID-19 is a conspiracy and the press conferences are fake, with the questions put together by Cummings.

She’s lost all credibility in her incoherent ramblings.

She’s basically a FBPE crackpot.

from the same briefing:

She also stresses that maintaining the current restrictions is "absolutely essential", despite media speculation that the virus may peak in a week's time.
"Nothing I have seen gives me any basis whatsoever for predicting the virus will peak as early as a week's time here in Scotland," she said. "I don't want people to have a false expectation based on what they are hearing in the media."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.