COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that new cases are actually nearing their peak.
If they are, how long will it take for deaths to start falling? I know new cases is the important figure, but from a morale perspective seeing death rates fall would be a huge relief to so many.

Not sure if it has been posted already but Singapore is going to change course. The testing and tracing model that they were using isn’t working. PM states they’ve routinely had 50+ cases daily so they’re now going for closures. It’s just as well we didn’t proceed with this or we’d be in a far bigger mess than we are now.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ll-move-to-full-home-based-learning-from-next
How do you equate "50+ cases daily" in Singapore, vs our 4,450 daily and conclude that had we done what they have done, we'd be in a bigger mess???

Quite bizarre thinking.

One might have concluded that their 5 deaths was rather better than our 3,605.

Just purely posting this to be contrarian to popular opinion, I don’t necessarily think it’s true or related but it’s being reported that flu and pneumonia deaths are the lowest in years and therefore might be conflated with COVID-19.

It’s Twatter related so I know it may well be false but there’s a lot of talk of the deaths being well out due to this and Sweden think the rest of the world are absolutely mental.

Again, I’m not saying this is my line.

All these people have tested positive for Covid-19 before death though, it’s how many have died from it or just with it which could tell us more maybe.

I'm still working,so I find time to spend an hour or so reading this thread.
My Mrs watches the news in the morning and turns it off when the daughter gets up as she is over thinking things and panicking a bit.
So the news is banned when I get home.
The updates yourself and other people post is keeping the likes of me and a lot of others up to speed.
Keep it up.
Exactly this. I'm working every day of the week at the moment and don't get time to watch the news. So this thread has been my main source of stats. Why would someone not post the numbers?

684 died yesterday in hospital in the UK a rate increase of 115 from yesterday.
4450 new cases (critical or serious) yesterday a rate increase of 206.

Are they giving out a regional breakdown of these numbers on the same day as these updates?

Just purely posting this to be contrarian to popular opinion, I don’t necessarily think it’s true or related but it’s being reported that flu and pneumonia deaths are the lowest in years and therefore might be conflated with COVID-19.

It’s Twatter related so I know it may well be false but there’s a lot of talk of the deaths being well out due to this and Sweden think the rest of the world are absolutely mental.

Again, I’m not saying this is my line.

I don't know the answer to that but I do know that, should the social distancing measures that we've got in place now work and the NHS doesn't reach breaking point, then at the end of the year if you were to just look at the number of people who'd died in the year the figure wouldn't look that remarkable.

All these people have tested positive for Covid-19 before death though, it’s how many have died from it or just with it which could tell us more maybe.

The virus itself does not kill you, but it causes infections that get into other parts of your body.

Are they giving out a regional breakdown of these numbers on the same day as these updates?
The Department of Health compiles its figures from data supplied by the four countries' health agencies, who then release their own figures, often taking into account more deaths and figure

Yes,each part of the uk give the numbers out at different times so we get a breakdown every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.