COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already stable. There’s no fear the debt repayments can’t be met.

If you earn £100,000 per year, you don’t worry about borrowing £360k on a mortgage so long as you can meet the payments. There’s zero fear that the U.K. will default (which was your suggestion).

It wasn’t, apologies if that’s how it came across. I was basically asking what is stopping the government writing all debts to it whilst we are doing this. Give local councils money to regenerate infrastructure etc when it is safe to do so.

It’s already stable. There’s no fear the debt repayments can’t be met.

If you earn £100,000 per year, you don’t worry about borrowing £360k on a mortgage so long as you can meet the payments. There’s CURRENTLY zero fear that the U.K. will default (which was your suggestion).

;-)

I do agree with you actually although we are in largely uncharted territory. My guess is that the markets will accept that the peace-time norms of public debt and current account deficit will have to go out of the window for once in a century crises like these, and that therefore our credit rating will not get trashed. Hopefully.

It’s also bollocks for the majority.

This from my mate this morning whose wife is an anaesthetist:

“Nat just left a guy who won’t make it through the day, him and his wife were self isolating and the daughter who had symptoms took her child to see them, both her mum and dad are dying now from it, the mums at home can’t be with her husband whilst he dies, and is on the verge of coming in to be intubated herself”

Not sure why people are still playing shit like this down. Sweden are going a different way, they’re taking a risk, only time will tell if they were right but I’m glad our government isn’t taking that risk. We’ve seen in Spain and Italy what happens when the health service is swamped. You don’t just get CV19 deaths, you also see a spike in non CV deaths.

Wife wants to babysit for young relatives while they move house on Friday, I told her if she goes then she stays gone until this quarantine is over. She's annoyed now but rather be annoyed than bloody dead or seriously ill.

It’s also bollocks for the majority.

This from my mate this morning whose wife is an anaesthetist:

“Nat just left a guy who won’t make it through the day, him and his wife were self isolating and the daughter who had symptoms took her child to see them, both her mum and dad are dying now from it, the mums at home can’t be with her husband whilst he dies, and is on the verge of coming in to be intubated herself”

Not sure why people are still playing shit like this down. Sweden are going a different way, they’re taking a risk, only time will tell if they were right but I’m glad our government isn’t taking that risk. We’ve seen in Spain and Italy what happens when the health service is swamped. You don’t just get CV19 deaths, you also see a spike in non CV deaths.

Stupid fking woman

We won’t come out of lockdown until it’s safe to do so. Getting the virus under control so we can manage it until a vaccine in a year or so will be the aim. We’re all in for a very rocky year.
I'm not sure it is possible to ever contain it with the knob heads running PHE and the NHS and their no face mask doctrine.
Without passengers wearing masks you can NEVER restart public transport without the virus flaring up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.