COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting stuff on this and other viruses.

This from the same guy explains how, unlike Flu, a vaccine for Covid-19 is likely to work and it won’t mutate so much that a vaccine does work.

I’m going to save the article as I’m sure the discussion will move on to this in the months to come.

and the article:

https://www.city-journal.org/coronavirus-vaccine

The thing with masks is knowing how to use and dispose of them.
Those mask wearing countries showing less viral impact (assuming you believe the official numbers) are more used to dealing with a sudden outbreaks, therefore masks are only part of equation. Tougher enforcement and a more obedient population also helps.
Even if they help lower the impact of the first wave, it means there are more people to get it in the second wave.

It seems most people will get this at some point because social distancing/isolation only slows it down.
We have seen what the government was saying about us only having one shot at a lockdown. People are already showing complete contempt for what is happening. A second lock down during a large second wave won't be properly observed.

So for what works in one country, doesn't necessarily work in another.
It's not a competition. Just because our figures don't better anothers, doesn't mean we are not doing well etc.

This from the same guy explains how, unlike Flu, a vaccine for Covid-19 is likely to work and it won’t mutate so much that a vaccine does work.

I’m going to save the article as I’m sure the discussion will move on to this in the months to come.

and the article:

Did you read his thread about America's healthcare system? Fascinating and scary in equal measure.

Here's the hospitalisation data from the beginning of the press conference which I missed first time around.

8qgZjix.png
Interesting how this spike Friday through Sunday corresponds with the Pre-Lockdown party.

and the article:

Yes it was excellent. For others who are interested I found this short video which explains the background to segmentation, shift mutations, and relevance for vaccines which I found useful.

It will help somewhat, even in terms of protecting you. I know it's only the Daily Mail, so probably complete bollocks, but here's some info:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8050587/Coronavirus-face-masks-selling-one-buy.html

And you are right the big benefit is to everyone else. You may have the virus and not know it, and then if you are wearing a mask (or hanky or whatever) then when you cough you are not infecting others. The benefit to you is that if others are doing the same, they won't be infecting you either.

Asia has realised this for years, and it's simply staggering that the UK is so stubbornly and defiantly saying they are of no benefit when patently that is not true.

The good news is that the doctrine of ' Tou Don't Need A Mask' stupidity is finally starting to be swept under the carpet.
According to lot's of reports (and Google is your friend here), Italy and Spain plan to make it compulsory for you to cover your nose and mouth when you're out and about when they eventually start to lift restrictions.
I still expact the doctrine to live on in the UK for weeks yet, as trying to change the PHE and NHS direction of travel is like getting the CCP to admit it fucked up during the first 2 months of Corona virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.