COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I dont get is building sites still open ??

Some are and stringent spacing distancing policies in place. We are shut at the moment and on major city centre sites. When we do come back will
Be a gradual return and with huge changes to how site works.

I’ve had problems with depression since 2006 so I certainly consider that sort of thing.

I went for a walk today for my daily exercise outside and there were people everywhere. Cyclists, joggers, walkers, people sat on front yard walls visiting mates/family probably as part of a walk, people stood outside a shop having a chat while probably out for a walk and some milk, car park at the local park was full with people walking around, cycling around and playing football (I didn’t go into the park, just walked by)...

We need some time in actual lockdown. Lockdown isn’t meant to be easy but this exercise outside thing is being flaunted as an accuse to go out.

I’ve been guilty of it when I’ve been out for daily exercise, adding to it, but today was the last one for me. There are far too many people out and about!

I respect your opinion but I dont agree with it at all.
You have to remember that a lot of people haven't got gardens or big houses like the privileged. I live in a small flat and I'd go stir crazy if I didn't run.
I think the majority of people are respecting the rules but their will always be the idiots flaunting it.

Why punish everyone because some dickheads misbehave?
Instead we should be dealing with the dickheads as they’ll still go out and mix whilst the law abiding person will stay in.
We don’t have the resources to deal with all the dickheads. Not seen one policeman personally round my way. Not one. Plenty of people flouting the rules though. They can’t be everywhere at once. So there’s no option.

I like walking my dogs every evening, a full lockdown isn't the right thing nor is it necessary as it hasn't worked in Spain or Italy at a sufficient rate to go into it now.
For all we know, it has worked in Italy and Spain and we might see numbers much bigger than theirs in the next three weeks.

It seems to me that some people want to be comforted by empty streets more than ensuring that people are social distancing properly.

I am on the very outskirts of Cork so I have no idea what it's like in the City or surrounding suburbs but where I am I see a decent number of people going for walks and cycles and 99% keeping a very safe distance from each other. The 1% are generally teenagers where you wonder how the 2 or3 could possibly being the same household unless they are Irish twins or triplets.

I hope nothing curtails our daily walks, runs, cycles as are very enjoyable and from what I can see not hurting anyone.

I respect your opinion but I dont agree with it at all.
You have to remember that a lot of people haven't got gardens or big houses like the privileged. I live in a small flat and I'd go stir crazy if I didn't run.
I think the majority of people are respecting the rules but their will always be the idiots flaunting it.
You sound like me mate. I live in a first floor flat, I also like to go out for a cycle/jog/walk but I just think we need a few weeks off it... or some Police out and about because I’ve seen none and I live near a Police Station.

I hope not it's the only thing keeping me sane.
What harm is there in walking in the middle of the peak district on my own
I think the problem is people driving to somewhere to walk,if you have an accident you not only take up a bed but you put yourself at risk of catching the virus,i think we only supposed to be close to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.