COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disagree
I have anxiety and depression issues.
Running helps me cope, others are the same

Have you considered that by any chance?

I am sorry mate but by allowing you to go running to help you cope, it drives a coach and horses through the lockdown strategy with every tom dick and harry out and about without a care in the world. I am sorry the country is so full of tossers, but it is, and whilst it is, we need to be a bit more draconian IMO. This is not about inconvenience or "how will I cope", it's about thousands - maybe tens of thousands - of extra people dying or not dying.

I am sorry mate but by allowing you to go running to help you cope, it drives a coach and horses through the lockdown strategy with every tom dick and harry out and about without a care in the world. I am sorry the country is so full of tossers, but it is, and whilst it is, we need to be a bit more draconian IMO. This is not about inconvenience or "how will I cope", it's about thousands - maybe tens of thousands - of extra people dying or not dying.

I can see them scrapping it tomorrow and adding another 2 weeks of lock down. If they carry on as they are over this bank holiday weekend they are in for serious trouble!

I hope not it's the only thing keeping me sane.
What harm is there in walking in the middle of the peak district on my own

81rS4yBRzuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Totally disagree
I have anxiety and depression issues.
Running helps me cope, others are the same

Have you considered that by any chance?
I’ve had problems with depression since 2006 so I certainly consider that sort of thing.

I went for a walk today for my daily exercise outside and there were people everywhere. Cyclists, joggers, walkers, people sat on front yard walls visiting mates/family probably as part of a walk, people stood outside a shop having a chat while probably out for a walk and some milk, car park at the local park was full with people walking around, cycling around and playing football (I didn’t go into the park, just walked by)...

We need some time in actual lockdown. Lockdown isn’t meant to be easy but this exercise outside thing is being flaunted as an accuse to go out.

I’ve been guilty of it when I’ve been out for daily exercise, adding to it, but today was the last one for me. There are far too many people out and about!

I hope not it's the only thing keeping me sane.
What harm is there in walking in the middle of the peak district on my own

There isn’t any. Unfortunately, many other people are abusing what has been put in place. If the graphs are in line with what they expect then I guess nothing will be done and it’ll just be put down to a minority of people not following the rules. But other countries have gone as far as putting in tighter controls due to people simply not abiding by the rules.

Ban on daytime exercise is probably the next stop if the numbers in hospital continue to rise. Paris have stopped people from doing it between 10am and 7pm. Can’t say how effective it’s been since it’s only just been introduced.

I had my "one daily exercise outside" while picking up a prescription, never seen it so busy on a working day. We're in trouble.
This last few days was a turning point with regards to people being out and about.

We need to go into Italian/Spanish style lockdown where you’re only allowed out for food or medicine. It only has to be three weeks or so, let’s see what it does to the figures.

I think this Friday is the time for it to be announced. The amount of people outside is getting beyond reasonable now.

We can ass survive for three week doing squats and press ups at home and running up and down the stairs for exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.