TV Series

Der Pass on Netflix is worth watching.
Considering it was the 3rd re-hash of The Bridge they did it well. Probably bettered The Tunnel but I liked them all (although didn't see the US version of The Bridge). I'm hoping for The Ginnel, a story about a passageway between terraced housing on the Manchester/Salford border.

Considering it was the 3rd re-hash of The Bridge they did it well. Probably bettered The Tunnel but I liked them all (although didn't see the US version of The Bridge). I'm hoping for The Ginnel, a story about a passageway between terraced housing on the Manchester/Salford border.
As soon as it started we both said "not again". But it didn't seem anything like the bridge or the tunnel or the chunnel or the ginnel.

The Plot Against America very good so far - ep 4. Ever watch The Americans, @somapop ?

Netflix? I have Netlflix and Prime so miss out any Sky Atlantic/HBO stuff at the moment (never much look with apps on the fire stick...quality never ace). Will look out for them.

Killing Eve very good for the first four eps - then took a dive into deep silliness. Peaky Blinders is Lidl Sopranos with shite accents. Last great British TV I watched was that Stephen Graham thing on Channel 4 - The Virtues. Bloody brilliant.

Haha - good analogy. I lasted 2 mins with Downton a few years ago...again I just saw actors in costumes rather than characters. I can see the strings.

Mad Men was exemplary for having you totally believe in the characters where you enter the set and thus breaking down the 4th wall.
What is it with British TV? Had hopes for DEVS but it's been slated above.

Netflix? I have Netlflix and Prime so miss out any Sky Atlantic/HBO stuff at the moment (never much look with apps on the fire stick...quality never ace). Will look out for them.

Haha - good analogy. I lasted 2 mins with Downton a few years ago...again I just saw actors in costumes rather than characters. I can see the strings.

Mad Men was exemplary for having you totally believe in the characters where you enter the set and thus breaking down the 4th wall.
What is it with British TV? Had hopes for DEVS but it's been slated above.

Dunno. Apart from Line Of Duty - which is pretty decent, but no more than that - and The Virtues (which is gruellingly ace) everything is just so childish. I mean grown-ups taking Dr Who seriously!

The Americans is a must-watch. It starts off unevenly - the first two or three eps are a slightly cartoon-y spy series - but over six series it grows into this incredible, majestic treatise on love, life and family. It's really incredible. And it's exciting, too.
The Plot Against America is screenplayed by the same duo that wrote The Wire.

I'll stick them on my list then. Somebody I know recommended the Americans too. Loved The Wire so Plot must be promising.

Thanks mate.

Dunno. Apart from Line Of Duty - which is pretty decent, but no more than that - and The Virtues (which is gruellingly ace) everything is just so childish. I mean grown-ups taking Dr Who seriously!

The Americans is a must-watch. It starts off unevenly - the first two or three eps are a slightly cartoon-y spy series - but over six series it grows into this incredible, majestic treatise on love, life and family. It's really incredible. And it's exciting, too.
The Plot Against America is screenplayed by the same duo that wrote The Wire.

+1 for The Americans. Absolutely brilliant. Anyone who has Prime and hasn’t seen it yet, get on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.