TV Series

I don't really watch "normal" TV any more but I've really been enjoying "The Quiz " on ITV which is a drama based on the "coughing" scandal on Who wants to be a Millionaire?

No doubt some parts may move away from what actually happened but I think they have done a great job of portraying the family and the network of fanatics who tried to get on to the show. A lot of subtle and pleasant throwbacks to the late 90s and early 00s in the show.

It's great actually. Michael Sheen is amazing as Chris Tarrant. And the TV execs meeting the morning after the night before in last night's episode was hilarious.

after season 3 it properly plummets.

Thanks for the 'heads up' (coincides with Chevy leaving perhaps...). Does it not pick up I latter seasons or shall I just quit at S3 (gotta be lean with my ever expanding TV shows).

looks like it’s awful.
I wasted an hour on episode 1
Won’t be returning.

I missed it in the end but sounds like it’s pretty dire. Thought Strangers on Netflix was pretty rubbish...is there any decent British TV shows out there? Anything not over acted or with malnourished writing?
Killing Eve ? I watched ten minutes of Peaky Blinders and all I saw was a bunch of actors in costumes...

I think if push came to shove I’d take Mad Men on a desert island (a desert island with multi media capabilities of course) with me.
Incredibly crafted. Wire, True Detective up there too.
Watched the first Mrs Maisel last night and it’s superb to be fair. Early days but I’ve found a new box set. Heard Ozark gets its mojo back in season 3.

The plot against America sounds interesting - will dig it out (if Netflix/prime?)

The Plot Against America very good so far - ep 4. Ever watch The Americans, @somapop ?

I missed it in the end but sounds like it’s pretty dire. Thought Strangers on Netflix was pretty rubbish...is there any decent British TV shows out there? Anything not over acted or with malnourished writing?
Killing Eve ? I watched ten minutes of Peaky Blinders and all I saw was a bunch of actors in costumes...
Killing Eve very good for the first four eps - then took a dive into deep silliness. Peaky Blinders is Lidl Sopranos with shite accents. Last great British TV I watched was that Stephen Graham thing on Channel 4 - The Virtues. Bloody brilliant.

I

I loved Breaking Bad but Season 5 was awful. Felt a completely different production team had taken over the reins (or they’d given power to the cast). It actually soured my whole experience of BB for a few years.

Watched first episode of Saul some time ago then left it. Watched the second one last night and immediately got it. Think I’m going to really enjoy this now.

Im exactly the same mate.
Watched half of the first episode a few months ago then turned it off.
Started again last Thursday and have raced through the whole 5 series and can’t wait for the finale next week.
Like someone said earlier it just gets better & better.
Season 6 can’t come soon enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.