COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever work with the general public you will have known this for years, in one way it’s good in that I know if my daughter applies herself in years to come she will do really well for herself because the competition is dire, on the other hand I know she will end up working to pay for fucking idiots of this world. It’s a pity this virus doesn’t target the useless twats of this world, it would be a better place.
I'm not sure how much of the British public would survive if they didn't have the general attitude of 'just ignore it', whatever problem, rule, or social norm 'it' represents at that particular moment. Seen it all my life, indeed I was very good at being boorish when younger and binge drinking was the thing. If the numbers turn out as some of us fear, we might ask how hard the lockdown message might have had to been driven home to people for us to not end up as statistical outliers in Europe. I'm acquiesent because whilst just don't know anywhere near enough to make categorical judgements yet. And I've given up trying to change people's attitudes. I have to grasp what happiness and peace I can to make it through right now, and that definitely lies in the opposite direction.

Still, it's hard to know what to say to the girl who I know, for example. She has just had an elderly father whisked of to hospital for surgery after his wife ran him over (accidentally), She won't go and visit her, because as far as she can tell, the rules forbid it. She also won't get involved in badmouthing others for their movements. Which is right. It's so easy to look for a target. But every time I do it, it leaves me furious, and needing another one after that to calm down. TBH I give it about an hour before I go completely off my head about something else.

Has anyone found somewhere that actually sell masks that are fit for purpose?

There was a scientist on Peston the other day who said that any kind of mouth covering, home-made or otherwise, is hugely advantageous because people spit out the virus when they speak and breathe. That's why all the excuses about NHS supply doesn't wash.

So if you've got a scarf, snood, modified t-shirt, neckwarmer, balaclava, gimp mask or anything else, wear it next time you're out.

Have to agree as I see my neighbours going out a few times each day, having non family members over to the house etc. The longer the minority of people are selfish the longer we all have to suffer.
Shouldn’t be having family members over either.

There was a scientist on Peston the other day who said that any kind of mouth covering, home-made or otherwise, is hugely advantageous because people spit out the virus when they speak and breathe. That's why all the excuses about NHS supply doesn't wash.

So if you've got a scarf, snood, modified t-shirt, neckwarmer, balaclava, gimp mask or anything else, wear it next time you're out.

remember old jock straps, bras or wife’s thongs work as well.

Need shooting. My next door neighbour's son who is 20/21 and probably about the same weight in stone went out about two hours ago in his car. He isn't shopping as I have never seen him once come back with anything and he isn't working so what's he doing because he isn't following guidelines. He is doing this most days so if someone could please explain why I shouldn't get pissed off with him I would be delighted. Mind you the whole family are doing it as well so that's the example that's being set. Scum of the earth.
Driving for exercise as permitted by police guidelines perhaps.

Of course I was joking, which I am sure you knew.

But it does raise an interesting point. They really do need to do tests on everyone, old, young, healthy, sick, previously infected or not. No good having a vaccine which is great for everyone who's fit and healthy but which decimates the old and the sick!
Yep i knew

Trials always start with the healthy so they can fight off any bad effects

My local council sent out new statements, instead of Feb and March next year being the "free" months for DD, it's April and May this year. There's also a separate Council tax support scheme that you can apply for but the online form runs to 30-odd pages!

some people opt for council tax payments being taken monthly with no “free” months.

Dogs are being trained to detect coronavirus in passengers arriving at UK airports.
Canines at the Medical Detection Dogs charity have previously been used to find cancer, Parkinson's disease and malaria and will receive similar training in order to help during the pandemic.

The organisation's founder believes the animals could detect COVID-19 in asymptomatic travellers arriving in the UL when lockdown measures are relaxed.

whoof

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...passengers-with-covid-19-at-airports-11976965

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.