The Junior Blues.....

I went to quite a few Sunday mornings at the social club, probably 77/78 time. Also went on a Junior Blues run coach away to Leeds, where Helen (RIP) sat in seat next to driver and ran it like a Sergeant Major. Maybe 79?

Got to meet the players before a home game against Southampton in Dec 78, through the Junior Blues. Remember seeing Paul Power in his pants on the massage couch, loved that set up at City back then, everyone seemed so friendly.

Started going in 1975 to meetings at the city social club with my grandad, who lived in withington.they started a Salford junior blues in about 1977 and I played football for the Salford junior blues in an under 15s league even though we were all under 14s ,remember getting battered 28-0 on chorlton park by Trafford barons, the junior blues was a great idea and brought about a hardcore support, why it ever folded is disappointing cos it would really indoctrinate young fans,my sons in their 30s now were joined the day they were born, remember having my photo took with the league cup in 1976 in the social club.

Early 90s we went to a JB meeting at Maine Road and afterwards we went yo a charity match in Wilmslow where City old boys were playing United old boys. City won 10 - 0

Happy days

I was at the Free Trade Hall rally. The reserves had won the Central League so a few of the players were a bit the worse for wear! A certain Mr T Booth amongst them! :) I was on the stage and got to shake hands with Peter Swales and he gave me a pennant.
I still have my picture with the League Cup taken by none other than Kevin Cummins, his stamp is on the back of it.
Managed to get an ‘at arms length’ picture in 2014 with the League Cup and along with my 1976 picture, with the trophy on my head, that became the pictures used for my 50th Birthday Party invites.
Pissed off pretty much most of the sky sport rag in laws, because they knew I had been at both games.
I remember a Christmas Party at The Sogat Club on Chapel Street that the Salford Branch organised too. Bizarrely Les Olive and Steve Coppell were there to allegedly get ideas on how to set up a similar thing for the raggies.

I was in the Junior Blues
22e8c6692ff897f7885bd98a124b045c.jpg

Reactions: SJC
I was member no 3. The son of 70’s City journalist Peter Gardner who I went to junior school with was no 1 or 2. Still got my original membership card/ letter Mother kept all her life with autograph’s from the pantomime cast that they used to put on in the old social club at Christmas and occasionally on the field!! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.