COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to read your own link

Who decides how ill is ill enough to produce enough antibodies for meaningful protection? Would you put your neck on the line to tell somebody with a mild case that they are immune or me who had it bad and tested positive,no because no scientist will do it,yet,studies show some age group,the younger ones produce none or low amounts,it is still up in the air

We just do not know for sure with this virus because The science is not there yet to be sure,do not assume because you had it that you have enough antibodies to protect you,especially whilst there are people getting reinfected,we have only had this virus for three months so your six months just doesn't hold up,every scientist is saying immunity will be not be certain until patients have been tested and retested over the course of a year plus

You say not to assume immunity then assume reinfection. There is no proof that anyone has been reinfected, more likely poor quality testing that has produced an incorrect result when they tested negative.

This no-immunity stuff really is scientists protecting their own arses to the ultimate degree.
The chances of those who have been ill or worse (not just a cough and/or fever either) of NOT being immune for a good few months are infinitesimally small. You probably have more chance of getting 5 numbers on the National Lottery (1 in 144,415 before you ask).
As to those who where barely ill or asymptomatic, well that's another story altogether. Many had very few antibodies after recovering.
From your link

One specific concern with antibody tests for SARS-CoV-2: they might pick up antibodies to other types of coronaviruses,but there are four other coronaviruses that circulate in people and cause roughly a quarter of all common colds. It’s thought that just about everyone has antibodies to some combination of those coronaviruses, so serological tests for SARS-CoV-2 would need to be able to differentiate among them

It is not straight foward,this virus has thrown up many surprises already

Been around for a couple of weeks as I said last week after people I know had been tested at a private clinic in town. Obviously got shot down by the usual Bluemoon professionals but glad it's finally been approved. Like I said testing for IgM and IgG, doctors were pretty confident that by testing positive for the antibodies you will have at least short term immunity.
Read it properly

Last edited:
Wow. That's some document. Especially the impacts summary. Only thought is how does a Government prepare for something like that, without leaks, sparking mass hysteria. I guess it's a choice of the lesser evil. Stay safe mate.

You say not to assume immunity then assume reinfection. There is no proof that anyone has been reinfected, more likely poor quality testing that has produced an incorrect result when they tested negative.
According to the Chinese they have,prof whitty and others are suitably concerned,we don't know if they are reinfected or is bad collection of samples or dodgy tests but if you say there is no definitive proof of reinvention then I am convinced,i will ring the WHO and put them right

Gosh. A misunderstanding between what the Government and Health Boards are responsible for on this thread. Now, if only someone 'in the know' would post a description of the various responsibilities. Wouldn't that be helpful. Oh, sorry they won't because it might get questioned. Carry on in ignorance everyone...
Hey - I am just getting back involved...

But, as one of only two consultants - across the UK - commissioned by the (then) DH PS, NHS Board and Cabinet Office to prepare a report for Simon Stevens ahead of his appointment on the processes and practices existing within the Health Sector with regard to the management and reporting of strategic initiatives across all departments that constitute the provision of health service, I feel that I have a valid view...…..

So yes - I have personal experience and awareness of all the governance and management arrangements across the Government/DHSC and NHS - but......

I have to say that I find your comment disappointingly cheap and uncalled for.

I have previously wanted to engage with you - because (previously) you have not appeared to be one of the.......

You have asked me to get involved and provide the insights of my direct experience and qualifications - and when I do - you behave like one of the many dicks on here that make cheap comments....

Excuse me if I just take this response to justify my attitude of the last weeks - of not giving a fuck about the utter bollocks posted and not being bothered any further.....

Last edited:
4-6 months depending on the number of antibodies.
The big issue is what happens when your body flushes these antibodies out of your system? Do your antibody factories have the template to make more if required.
Please stop and read your own links

Seems you have come down from six to four months in two pages

That's a hell of a long reply considering my post didn't attempt to apportion blame to any single area and you hadn't read the article anyway!

FWIW there seems to have been a collective failure by DHSC, PHE and NHS management to implement the lessons of the simulated pandemic.
Accepted - TBF - I recognise that I was making a wider reply to address the issues and misunderstanding of others

Please accept my apology for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.