Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football is for fans, and is nothing without them (apologies for the cliche).
Sadly these days, football is for fans watching on TV or in a pub, not those in a stadium, without those in a stadium though its not the same, but almost all the money comes from TV so that counts for far more than real fans.

Give it to them, Id hate to win it that way. It’s hardly an Aguero moment, or Kompany smashing in a 30 yarder v Leicester. Then there’s Yaya bulldozing through Crystal Palace after the Demba Ba Slip or Jesus scoring one the dying seconds at Southampton to clinch a 100 points.
I'm actually coming round to the same feeling, let them have it, they didn't win it though, I'd rather that than try and play while people (football fans, theirs included) are dying.

The PFA take a major cut of tv deals ,they don’t give a fuck about their members ...they’re on the other side .

The aims of the PFA are to protect, improve and negotiate the conditions, rights and status of all professional players by collective bargaining agreements.

This is their stated mission. Not fit for purpose, failing on the conditions, rights and status with their stance on return to play. Disband. Cretinous sneaky bastards.

I've said all along the players and the government will have the biggest and final stay.

Agents have been briefing in recent days that their clients have real issues about playing again.

of course players have real issues about playing again.

Also, if the government don't realize as soon as the first televised match goes ahead, all of their efforts to keep people socially distancing are immediately undermined, then they don't really have a fucking clue what they are at, unless of course that is what they want

I still think they should have, to ensure the longevity of clubs.

If players had actually willingly taken pay cuts, there would probably be less pressure to get football going again.

that is incredibly naive, they could have forfeited their wages and the money grabbers would still want to get them back out, "for the good of the nation"

I wouldn't take a pay cut. You're a piece of meat for 15 years and then the money stops. They can't move outside their house without a paparazi **** taking snaps of them and their families. Fuck that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.