UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest was that confident mood communicated to you before or after UEFA announced their ‘closed shop’ CL revamp from 2024, complete with a qualifying period that coincides with our proposed 2 year ban? Would be more meaningful obviously if it was the latter

That's a good question. The info was passed after the revamp details, and was asserted a few days beforehand.

The info isn't wrong. I'm not making the assertion, our owners are.

Hi tolm, without breaking confidences, there has been a positive upswing presumably due to our owners feeling " more confident " that we are going to avoid the ban.

Has something triggered this increase in optimism or are they just being more bullish than previously ?

Answered in your reply to Exeter Blue I guess ?

C19 is temporary but it's going to completely wreck football finance.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it but indebted clubs like Spurs and Man Utd may have big problems.

There is a comment piece suggesting this, focussed on the rags in particular in that paper whose website you won't visist by a "journalist" that I'm pretty sure you have previously lauded.

I do wonder about this, used to know a guy who got down to the final 2 for quite a senior role at City a number of years ago. The agency advised him not to play on the fact he was a City season ticket holder as that would go against him. Surely clubs / business would be better suited employing people who had some affinity to the brand (providing they have the requisite skill set to fulfil the role of course)?
I think it's a fine balance. Ideally you want the best person for the job whatever their football allegiance. There have been many examples of "fans" owning and running football clubs and sometimes they make emotional decisions instead of hard-headed business choices. That said I have always thought David Bernstein was one of our best ever leaders.

Hi tolm, without breaking confidences, there has been a positive upswing presumably due to our owners feeling " more confident " that we are going to avoid the ban.

Has something triggered this increase in optimism or are they just being more bullish than previously ?

Answered in your reply to Exeter Blue I guess ?

Some may want to make it mutually exclusive my info must directly be weighted on the eventual verdict?

However, I wanted to share an extremely positive piece of information that was relayed to me recently - guaranteed in fact.

Without ever doubting the people in question asserting it.

That's all - good news, when all we seem to hear is bad news these days.

Enough for me to want to share, but also enough for me to be very guarded about trying to supply additional info in a bid to fill in certain blanks and put a few more minds at ease.

It goes beyond Soriano and his in-house PR piece.

The reasons for that, I clearly wouldn't know, outside these people in the room.

Please take it in the genuine, sometimes misguided attempt to share what I might be told.

The info is solid, certainly in terms of a reason to feel happy about it.

Some may want to make it mutually exclusive my info must directly be weighted on the eventual verdict?

However, I wanted to share an extremely positive piece of information that was relayed to me recently - guaranteed in fact.

Without ever doubting the people in question asserting it.

That's all - good news, when all we seem to hear is bad news these days.

Enough for me to want to share, but also enough for me to be very guarded about trying to supply additional info in a bid to fill in certain blanks and put a few more minds at ease.

It goes beyond Soriano and his in-house PR piece.

The reasons for that, I clearly wouldn't know, outside these people in the room.

Please take it in the genuine, sometimes misguided attempt to share what I might be told.

The info is solid, certainly in terms of a reason to feel happy about it.

The club has been adamant about this from the off and their public pronouncements have displayed a clear confidence. Hopefully this is indeed backed up by irrefutable evidence that we didn't break rules.

I can't shake the feeling that both sides are playing some games here. I really don't know exactly what dark forces are working against us and whether they go to the extent that many believe. If City have the evidence they believe and sufficient confidence in the independence of CAS then I would expect them to be confident, so it is good to hear that they genuinely seem to be.

As ever, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.