Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

only players can stop "Project Liverpool winning the title Restart" by refusiing to play, in masses. They lobbied everyone else.

That is the real reason some fans don't want to restart the football but they are going to given the title whichever way it goes.

Those who don't want football to start should ask themselves what they want in August when the season kicks off again. Are you going to postpone that as well? Football clubs will not survive, just like any other occupation/ industry if you just give up.
If it's not safe in August then it should be postponed.

Its amazing that the powers at be dont realise how stupid that are looking. Shorten halfs, playing in masks, empty stadium, locking the players up for 5 wks, playing on neutral grounds, playing 3 different games per day, leave a 3 car gap when parking, get changed at home, not use the showers, no relegation, etc etc. And we are to believe that the integrity of the league is being upheld.
Easy to appear stupid with the benefit of lots of ££££'s.

The deputy chief scientific adviser to the British government has said it is an "interesting hypothesis" that Liverpool's Champions League match against Atletico Madrid may have spread coronavirus in the city.

More than 3,000 fans made the trip from the Spanish capital to Merseyside for the 11 March fixture, despite their home city already subject to partial lockdown amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Professor Dame Angela McLean admitted it would be interesting to look at the scientific evidence and the Champions League last-16 second leg tie at Anfield down the line.

However, she pointed out that, given the general policy at the time, going to a football match was not considered a "particularly large extra risk"
It'd be interesting to see how many foreign dips went to the game as well. It'd be considerably more than 3k to take the virus all over Europe.

Kill me now

Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal have held talks with a German tech company who have developed an app which allows fans to send virtual cheers or jeers from their homes to stadiums in under a second, in an attempt to generate an atmosphere behind closed doors. [
@MailSport
With our volume turned down to 1 & the dips on 11 no doubt.

I've struggled to find anything positive about English football since Wembley.

To be honest I'm really enjoying the Belarus football, the standard compared to England is crap but there's no stress or thoughts as a neutral that it's bent. It probably is but meh that has no effect on me.

With our volume turned down to 1 & the dips on 11 no doubt.

I've struggled to find anything positive about English football since Wembley.

To be honest I'm really enjoying the Belarus football, the standard compared to England is crap but there's no stress or thoughts as a neutral that it's bent. It probably is but meh that has no effect on me.
It’s good for betting on too.

Football has 3 revenue streams: broadcasting, commercial and matchday income. Subject to a vaccine, macthday income for 12 months has vanished, and broadcasting income could be halved. That's a potential crisis and what realistically do you expect them to do?

I get that most fans are not interested in watching the Premier League on tv playing training ground games. I'm the same. I would like to see City play Real Madrid though and see out the CL games. I'd definitely watch that.

In regards to social distancing and the contradiction between "Stay home, Save Lives" and team sport, well I'd imagine every fan's employer has a 'coronavirus disaster recovery plan' working out how they can function in a post-lockdown world. We're all heading there.

In terms of lifting the lockdown, we've been told there are two criteria:
  1. Essential functions (football is not essential).

2. Risk to wider society.
    If you re-open, what affect does it have on R0? Is it going to increase the infection rate across society. Clearly 99% of the risk in football is with fans. And there's no question that fans will be attending games. Pubs, clubs, colleges etc are all going to be at the end of the list, but football returning without fans is a no-brainer for the UK government
Football is a business. I'm surprised fans don't understand that now. It's not the village cricket club or church bowling green that can stay idle for the next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.