Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Premier League players may only be able to train fully for 'two or three days' before being expected to play again - causing fears that it will lead to a raft of injuries and create a potential roadblock for Project Restart.
@MirrorFootball

We might have to decide between the two if we get there,i haven't seen much interest in them doing the fa cup games,just the cl and prem
It would be nice to do the double treble though wouldn't it.....even behind closed doors. Or the double quadruple with Community Shields!

Talks remain ongoing over the dates of the summer transfer window, which is due to open on the last day of the 2019/20 season. The possibility of a player switching teams during the current campaign has already been ruled out. [
@David_Ornstein

The #PremierLeague wants the future of every player whose contract expires on June 30 to be settled by June 23 at the latest. [
@David_Ornstein

Psychologist Stephen Sylvester, who has been helping players cope with the impact of the COVID-19 crisis, has warned many are scared of returning ahead of the resumption of the #PremierLeague season.

The NHS needs testing kits, the key workers need testing kits - what do the public think is actually happening when the cash-rich Premier League are trying to procure them just to get football on again?

Our NHS have it hard enough battling with other countries for what limited supply chain is already out there - without companies gouging prices.

We also saw it this week with the governor of California paying £1bn for PPE from China - he has basically told the rest of the US it is none of their business what they paid.

My dad is 67 and has COPD - this week I tried to get him a test online because he had a sore throat and some other minor symptoms.

Guess what? A text back to say there was no tests available right now in the area and no kits that can be sent out.

Yet the Premier League and the TV companies have enough cash at hand to ensure wealthy, supremely fit athletes such as Raheem and Pogba can get tested twice a week.

Not to mention, the kit man, the security guards, the massuse, the groundsmen.

Those people aren't to be blamed, they are wrongly being painted as the bad guys. - It is the Premier League, BT and Sky who should be fucking ashamed.
There's no tests available to anyone in the UK, they are running out of chemicals to finalise tests, it's appalling

Another 400+ dead again today. Still never mind, we'll soon be able to watch 22 blokes kick a bag of wind around an empty training ground, that'll cheer us all up (I used to hate it when non football fans used that bag of wind analogy to deride the importance of the game but strangely its started to make sense recently).

without a shadow pal, that's the shite we live in, I know a front line ICU sister that is still working at North Manchester without knowing anyone that has had a test and still without the correct PPE

Here in the North East I know people who work at Darlington, Durham & Sunderland hospitals. They have confirmed to me that only those who show symptoms have been tested. This equates to about 10%

Just seen the head of the football police unit with major concerns about the season restarting while people are still dying and what he says is spot on...without police clearance no more football can and shouldn't be played

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.