Classic Cult Films

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Withnail & I.

First of all I didn't know there were people who have watched this film 30 or 40 times.
I've watched it maybe 5 or 6 times over the years and it's definitely in my top 6 movies. In fact if you're English and of a certain age it's probably one of the funniest movies ever made.

I love Bruce Robinson's description of Withnail.

"If you were an artist withnail would argue that he could paint a better picture than you, if you were a photographer he would claim that he could take a better photograph, if you were a sculpture he would no doubt be able to sculpt a superior statue, the trouble with him was he never actually did anything... except babble on about writing his memoirs"

Here, is a very good review of Withnail. Superb review.

https://www.newstatesman.com/cultur...nd-i-30-years-its-perfect-film-brexit-britain

Withnail & I.

First of all I didn't know there were people who have watched this film 30 or 40 times.
I've watched it maybe 5 or 6 times over the years and it's definitely in my top 6 movies. In fact if you're English and of a certain age it's probably one of the funniest movies ever made.

I love Bruce Robinson's description of Withnail.

"If you were an artist withnail would argue that he could paint a better picture than you, if you were a photographer he would claim that he could take a better photograph, if you were a sculpture he would no doubt be able to sculpt a superior statue, the trouble with him was he never actually did anything... except babble on about writing his memoirs"

Here, is a very good review of Withnail. Superb review.

https://www.newstatesman.com/cultur...nd-i-30-years-its-perfect-film-brexit-britain
This is one film ive never seen. Strangely, ive never come across it anywhere, neither on tv, dvd, video, streamming, anything.

My favourite cult film has to be The Keep. WW2 horror film, much of it was filmed a strones throw from my home and hired a load of locals as extras and crew members.

This is one film ive never seen. Strangely, ive never come across it anywhere, neither on tv, dvd, video, streamming, anything.

My favourite cult film has to be The Keep. WW2 horror film, much of it was filmed a strones throw from my home and hired a load of locals as extras and crew members.
Don't bother it's shite

I like 'Ravenous'.
So there.

You mean this one?

51570JCEqDL._SX342_.jpg

If so I agree. it's a great film.

The soundtrack by Michael Nyman & Damon Albarn is fantastic as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.