Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The domestic season feels like its over but I am keen to see the Champions League. Other sports are returning too. Today the transport secretary was outlining changes to the transport infrastructure to enable a more general return whilst the Stay at Home, Save Lives logo has changed. Football's moves are compatible with what is happening in the rest of society, and whilst this might be a period to endure, and survive, for some it might make life more bearable and give us something to look forward to. I thought City's Champions League hopes had vanished so I am hoping that those games are played. Hopefully by the time they come around, Ciy fans will actually enjoy them.

I know life is grim but we should embrace things that make us feel better and sport has traditionally enabled some to do that.
Absolutely, lets compromise and sack of the PL, but carry on with the FA cup and CL - should be able to do those in June.

I know life is grim but we should embrace things that make us feel better and sport has traditionally enabled some to do that.
My life is anything but "grim" thanks, I'm happy abiding by the rules football doesn't to abide by, its not "normal" life obviously, but I'm coping very well thanks, and while 500+ people are still dying on average a day, I've no interest in watching football especially without fans, I think we have discussed this before though.

Looking at two relegation threatened teams where one has to play 3 top six teams away and now gets to play them at a neutral ground (Advantage), while the other relegation team should have played 3 top six teams at home but now must play them at a neutral ground (Disadvantage) completely skews the remainder of the season.

How can a relegation threatened team vote to support finishing the season when their chances of being relegated increase and another teams lessen ?

Looking at two relegation threatened teams where one has to play 3 top six teams away and now gets to play them at a neutral ground (Advantage), while the other relegation team should have played 3 top six teams at home but now must play them at a neutral ground (Disadvantage) completely skews the remainder of the season.

How can a relegation threatened team vote to support finishing the season when their chances of being relegated increase and another teams lessen ?

Well yes. This is exactly why they are posturing. Funny to see the league held captive by bottom feeders.

Be nice if Everton or Spurs say cancel it all.

The domestic season feels like its over but I am keen to see the Champions League. Other sports are returning too. Today the transport secretary was outlining changes to the transport infrastructure to enable a more general return whilst the Stay at Home, Save Lives logo has changed. Football's moves are compatible with what is happening in the rest of society, and whilst this might be a period to endure, and survive, for some it might make life more bearable and give us something to look forward to. I thought City's Champions League hopes had vanished so I am hoping that those games are played. Hopefully by the time they come around, Ciy fans will actually enjoy them.

Have you just flown in from Pluto, Marv?

Any sport, and the mass charade that will undoubtedly accompany it, should only return when it’s absolutely safe to do so.

They way it is being suggested is not normal. Behind closed doors. Shortened games. Players wearing masks. Players having to quarantine before hand. That is not football and it applies to any other large sporting organisations who are simply looking to do one thing on the back of this.

Profiteer.

Do the players even know if they catch the disease and make it through it all they could still have very serious lung issues for the remainder of their life?

Asking for a friend.

The German 2nd division returned to training last week the FA should take note, a team had 3 cases within days and another last night Dresden has closed it`s doors after an outbreak.
As for when English football will return that, will be shortly after schools return, because as we all know Kids spread viruses quicker that anyone, so there is no point playing in front of empty stadiums after that, as for a cure forget it, it is not going to happen.

I cannot wait to be able to go into any arena with tens of thousands of people without worrying about my health.
Until that time comes forget sport which attracts a large number of spectators.
There is nothing worse than watching a game in a empty stadium, and from a players prespective , I am certain they would hate it too.

I don’t know how the champions league can continue if the Uk are introducing a 14 day quarantine rule on air travel. How will Real Madrid plan staying in the uk for two weeks to play the game against City and then I imagine having to complete their remaining domestic fixtures? The season is abandoned in France and I would hazard a guess the French government won’t sanction a champions league fixture for PSG being played, where does that fixture take place? Things may improve by August but I don’t see it improving into June across Europe. I’d love to see City potentially knock out Madrid and move on in the competition but I don’t see how it can take place in the coming months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.