UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit or bust. Game time. Here we are at long last. An existential crisis for the club finally has an end date in sight.

I fully expect is to win and be exonerated. The aftermath of which would be I'm sure, a fantastic next 10 years or more.
If we were to lose and be shown to have actually cheated the damage would be catastrophic. Game changing. We would be set back to a worse position that we were in in 2008. Reputationally fucked for a generation or more.

Knowing this, and seeing the absolute and very public confidence shown by Khaldoon and Soriano I will be amazed if we don't win and win completely.

Then the fun can REALLY begin.
I am not sure about back to 2008 because I think Sheikh Mansour and the CFG are here for the long haul but I agree that a defeat would be catastrophic for our reputation and our senior management team. Given our bullish statements it would be the end for Soriano and possibly even Khaldoon. That would probably hasten Pep's departure. In addition to this any other senior staff linked to the Der Spiegel emails would be finished. It doesn't bear thinking about.
On the other hand a victory would be epic and devastating for our long list of enemies. It really is "all or nothing."

Maybe not in terms of the retention of staff, but it’s still a “guilty” verdict, and one with some potentially serious implications (ie lawsuits) from those “wronged”. Not hard to envisage those shitehawks at the Swamp and Klanfield overdosing on faux outrage....
"Doctor, I think I've overdosed on faux outrage."
" Just swallow your pride, son, you've been rumbled"

The media will be delighted. At a stagnant time of no live sport they can spend the next three weeks talking about this and how we will be found guilty of course.

Personally I hope for the best but fear the worst. They have been out to get us as soon as we became a threat and so far have managed to put stumbling blocks in place to slow us down.

All the bullish statements by the club don't ease my fears as we have been here before and lost.

I hope we win but if truth be known if this virus isn't conquered then football is as good as finished until it is anyway.

The media will be delighted. At a stagnant time of no live sport they can spend the next three weeks talking about this and how we will be found guilty of course.

Personally I hope for the best but fear the worst. They have been out to get us as soon as we became a threat and so far have managed to put stumbling blocks in place to slow us down.

All the bullish statements by the club don't ease my fears as we have been here before and lost.

I hope we win but if truth be known if this virus isn't conquered then football is as good as finished until it is anyway.

You’ve got nothing to fear but fear itself!

I am not sure about back to 2008 because I think Sheikh Mansour and the CFG are here for the long haul but I agree that a defeat would be catastrophic for our reputation and our senior management team. Given our bullish statements it would be the end for Soriano and possibly even Khaldoon. That would probably hasten Pep's departure. In addition to this any other senior staff linked to the Der Spiegel emails would be finished. It doesn't bear thinking about.
On the other hand a victory would be epic and devastating for our long list of enemies. It really is "all or nothing."

Maybe Netflix will be in the courtroom, that would make for a watchable documentary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.