Franny Lee as chairman

Swales was running a 70's era model into the 90's. The club just wasn't moving forward under him. Franny Lee took on years of under investment and picked a bad manager. It nearly killed us but in all honesty we would have gone down eventually under Swales.

Credit goes to Bernstein, Wardle and co who made some bold decisions and started us on the road back. People think the modern city started to emerge from 2008 but in reality the club transformed more from 1998 - 2008 than it did from 2008-2018.

I ain't defending swales just pointing out when people reminisce PJS is talked about, evwn joked about.
Bernstien and wardle are talked about when it comes to rescuing the club.

Lee people prefer to remember him as a player, where he was a success, because as a chairman he wasn't great.

Alan ball
Was a **** with his old team mates.
Went for a vanity buy in kinky instead of what we needed to stay up.
The new kippax which was shite.

Despite being a playing legend I doubt he is a100% blue, but then I could be wrong

Too young to have seen him play for us.

And let's be honest when old berts talk about our chequered past a few decades ago swales, though reviled is also remembered, no one talks about Lee

The Kippax was already designed. All Lee did was recommend some last minute alterations.

i know its not the time or place ?? but what happened to the 10% shares sky had in the club ???

Anyone else went to sachas in town For the forward with franny group, remember James h reeve hosting the meeting.

There are a lot of mistakes in the previous posts (in my opinion !)
The sequence was this.
When Swales was with the FA voted for all seater stadiums. He thought he could simply bolt seats to the floor of the Kippax (Not Franny as previously said) When this was dismissed he voted against all seater stadiums but it was too late.
When he was ousted they knocked the Kippax down only to find loads of dangerous asbestos which cost a fortune to remove and we did not have the money to do it. That scuppered a lot of Lees plans but he had no choice.
Lee approached George Graham to become manager and he accepted only to turn it down almost immediately. He apparently later said that he had merely accepted to get his name back in the limelight to show he was available. This left Lee up shit creek and in desperation with the season weeks away, he turned to Ball. The rest was downhill.

If the above is wrong feel free to correct me but Lee was stiffed from the off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.