United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net Debt as of March 31, was £429.1m, an increase of £127.4m" ???

some fudging going on there ? and how many season has the debt been rising and still the uefa FFP panel do fuck all ? am 100% there is a rule that you need to reduce debt on a 3 year bases or face a ban ? maybe at this rate the bottom club in the premier league will be in the champions league next season
Their debt is always the same, about £500m. They're not paying it back. Net debt is that total debt minus any cash they have in the bank at the time. So that changes all the time. Net debt of £427m means they had about £70m in the bank on 31st March (assuming their total debt is £500m).

But since then they will have paid at least that in wages, with very little revenue. So they'll be in overdraft now or very soon. And then they'll have to pay transfer installments in July/August plus have to refund season ticket holders (another £25m at a guess). If the season doesn't get going soon, they're going be heading towards the rocks because their owners ain't bailing then out.

Last edited:
Their debt is always the same, about £500m. They're not paying it back. Net debt is that total debt minus any cash they have in the bank at the time. So that changes all the time. Net debt of £427m means they had about £70m in the bank on 31st March (assuming their total debt is £500m).

But since then they will have paid at least that in wages, with very little revenue. So they'll be in overdraft now or very soon. And then they'll have to pay transfer installments in July/August plus have to refund season ticket holders (another £25m at a guess). If the season doesn't get going soon, they're going be heading towards the rocks because their owners ain't bailing then out.

Please can you repost that at 8am every morning for the next week. These Covid times are troubling and that is just the sort of pick me up I need each day. One read of that and I haven't a care in the world.

I’ll put some music to these words and create a new national anthem.

Oh arnt you a happy bugger, all doom and gloom ;-)

Please can you repost that at 8am every morning for the next week. These Covid times are troubling and that is just the sort of pick me up I need each day. One read of that and I haven't a care in the world.
The usual rag response is ” But debt is normal is business” without realising that debt finance, such as Spurs borrowing money to finance their new stadium, means they should get a return on that debt, via increased revenue which is in excess of their debt servicing cost.

Whereas their debt is leveraged debt, which is money someone else borrowed and loaded onto them. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to remove the financial risks from the buyer and put it all onto the target.

The usual rag response is ” But debt is normal is business” without realising that debt finance, such as Spurs borrowing money to finance their new stadium, means they should get a return on that debt, via increased revenue which is in excess of their debt servicing cost.

Whereas their debt is leveraged debt, which is money someone else borrowed and loaded onto them. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to remove the financial risks from the buyer and put it all onto the target.

Stop it, stop it I am splitting my sides already, it is now beginning to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.