UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta be Steve Kinsey surely ?
You're right, the two blond mops, although neither as impressive as Tolmie's, which almost doubled his height.

I enjoyed the mid eighties City as I thought we had hit rock bottom and were on our way back. I may have been guilty of being too optimistic, something I have NEVER repeated where City are involved.

You don’t have the right to request that information/evidence. Quite rightly too

That was the point being made.

Someone (several have actually) suggested that our auditors would be in the firing line.
My thought, which PB agreed with (if I understand right), and matches your comment, is that the auditors would look at the incoming money and sign off which sponsor it came from. Where the sponsor got the money from is out of jurisdiction, and probably interest.

So I think we all have the same opinion on that side.

You also suggested, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the auditors would sign off on what was claimed as FFP-exempt. That makes sense to me, but wasn't something I was commenting on.

It seems to have been forgotten in the midsts of time, but it is well worth remembering the Der Spiegel articles and how they were written.

Outside of a few hacked documents, it was primarily padded out over five days with nothing more than spiteful words to denigrate the club and its history, laying it on thick when it came to our lack of success over the last few decades.

It spoke as if we had basically appeared in 2008 and offered plenty of superior moralising.

City were right to cite it as a clear attempt to damage the club's name.

For me, however, the narrative from De Spiegel betrayed quite a lot in terms of an agenda being served on behalf of an outside party.

It had a very German-centric influence that wreaked of Bayern undertones.

My other conclusion, based on the current politics, are all roads pointing towards Qatar, certainly in light of the recent Facebook revelations about negative accounts being set up about City in India?

Both seriously have the motive. We know the hacker by name but he had no input into how it was presented?
Funny you should mention Bayern Munich and Qatar in the same sentence as one of Bayerns shirt sponsors are Qatar Airways.

Coincidence or am I just being a bit thick?

It seems to have been forgotten in the midsts of time, but it is well worth remembering the Der Spiegel articles and how they were written.

Outside of a few hacked documents, it was primarily padded out over five days with nothing more than spiteful words to denigrate the club and its history, laying it on thick when it came to our lack of success over the last few decades.

It spoke as if we had basically appeared in 2008 and offered plenty of superior moralising.

City were right to cite it as a clear attempt to damage the club's name.

For me, however, the narrative from De Spiegel betrayed quite a lot in terms of an agenda being served on behalf of an outside party.

It had a very German-centric influence that wreaked of Bayern undertones.

My other conclusion, based on the current politics, are all roads pointing towards Qatar, certainly in light of the recent Facebook revelations about negative accounts being set up about City in India?

Both seriously have the motive. We know the hacker by name but he had no input into how it was presented?

I think you are bang on the money here.

Regarding the Der Speigel articles, which highlighted some snippets of our hacked emails. I understand our defence is that the emails were taken out of context.

What I am failing to understand, is why has Der Speigel not dug through the stolen material to add additional information that would put their original leaks into full context?

Someone has access to the full database of stolen info. Could it be that the additional information within those email threads does not incriminate us? Maybe the incriminating emails were selected deliberately to cause maximum damage to us, in the knowledge that they were not the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.