General Videogame Thread

Never been into flight sims before but looking forward to the new Microsoft one coming out this year. Looks incredible.

"Flight Simulator will feature Asobo's in-house developed game engine, and leverage Bing Maps data, accessing over two petabytes of data from the cloud on demand. Azure AI analyzes map to generate photorealistic 3D models of buildings, trees, terrain, and so on. This allows the simulator to depict most parts of the world in 3D photo-realism, and the other parts in high definition. There will also be realistic physics and weather systems, and utilization of real-world weather data. An example used at E3 2019 was that if it was raining somewhere in real life, it would be raining in-game. Individual clouds will have their own behaviours and they will impact aircraft performance depending on its location within the system. Asobo has created their own flight model engine, allowing thousands of surfaces and 3D forces and moments to be fully simulated. Flight Simulator will populate roads with vehicles, water will flow realistically based on wind direction, grass will have individual grass blades and trees will have individual leaves, creating the illusion of a living world. It will feature over two million cities and towns and more than 40,000 real-world airports."

That's my excuse for building a new pc this year. Had a good 4 years out of this one, and FSX being so old still doesn't run great on modern stuff.

It was on the Epic Games store but that offer has finished. The free game now on there now Is Civilisation VI
It was on the Epic Games store but that offer has finished. The free game now on there now Is Civilisation VI

ah i see. They had taken it off the Playstation store whilst this went on.

Completed Spiderman and just wondering whether to replay on ultimate difficulty on NG+ for two extra trophies. Played an hour on ultimate difficulty and it doesn't seem very different to normal.

There are things I loved about the game, the setting of New York and the planning that went into it, the story was decent, but I felt the controls were a let down. The wife had to check on me as she could hear me shouting "come on Spiderbastard, get unstuck off the damn wall!"

May just move on to the next one. Something a bit different, I feel. Was going to do the newer Tomb Raider games in order but may go for a good old point and click adventure.

Have you done the Black Cat DLC? (There's 2 others IIRC too)

I'm very surprised about your control woes, I thought it was just about as intuitive as being Spiderman could get.

I'm very surprised about your control woes, I thought it was just about as intuitive as being Spiderman could get.

Same, one of the things I enjoyed about the game was the fluidity of the movement.

Just started Alien Isolation again. About two hours in and remembered what it was that made this game. Hoping you don't fart in a locker, and finding a save point. Palms still sweat. Would have been up there with Outlast if not for some shite reviews from supposed top game sites.

Will be tempted if the city that never sleeps pass goes on sale on the PSN again, I know it has been as low as 7.99 recently and I'd bite at that. Maybe in the upcoming days of play sale, hoping it does before Spiderman goes off PS Now. It's not that I haven't enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but dodging in close quarters always seemed to end up with Spidey stuck on a wall or pipe and not so willing to unstick himself.

Have Alien Isolation on Pc but afraid I'm too chicken to play it again. Not many games can scare me but that one is like my worst nightmares, Outlast I can do but this, nope. There's nowhere safe, the damn thing keeps searching for you and even checking your scanner is a big risk. Great game though, and dirt cheap nowadays too, some of the VR reactions on YouTube are hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.