UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My analogy for all this would be that you were doing 32 in a 30 zone then being told they'd changed the limit to 20 later that day (effectively as happened with UEFA and their changing of the FFP toolkit) but effective at 8am. But as you weren't to know, they'll let you off with a £50 fine.

Then, a few years later, you get a summons for the same offence saying that they'd checked their equipment, which turned out to be faulty. They're not 100% sure but think you were doing closer to 40 so they're taking you to court for dangerous driving.

I’m not going to claim to know more about this than you PB and have appreciated reading about it all from what you’ve written, but is it not more like:

Caught doing 32 in a 30, authority retrospectively changed to a 20 and so said you were wildly speeding. Agreed with authorities to “take a pinch” and a fine and not to question the fact that they changed their own rules after the event to maintain good relations.

Then years later get accused of stealing the fuel in said car you were speeding in and hence shouldnt have been able to go that fast in the first place.

We’re now appealing that to say we earned that fuel fair and square.

Just heard a whisper from my source that our plan is shaping up nicely. We've sent a team into CAS HQ and they've been in and taped guns behind the cisterns in the gents. At a given signal, Khaldoon, Soriano and Berrada will go to the toilet, occupy all the stalls, take the guns and come out shooting. Seems legit. They were thinking of getting in Gerry Creaney, Lee Bradbury and Fat Bob Taylor to be the shooters but thought better of it fortunately.

I’m not going to claim to know more about this than you PB and have appreciated reading about it all from what you’ve written, but is it not more like:

Caught doing 32 in a 30, authority retrospectively changed to a 20 and so said you were wildly speeding. Agreed with authorities to “take a pinch” and a fine and not to question the fact that they changed their own rules after the event to maintain good relations.

Then years later get accused of stealing the fuel in said car you were speeding in and hence shouldnt have been able to go that fast in the first place.

We’re now appealing that to say we earned that fuel fair and square.
I think you've got this.

I think we can only actually appeal the CAS verdict on very limited grounds (such as procedural rules not being followed etc), not just that we didn't agree with the outcome. Presumably the next step, if we lost, would be to challenge the very legality of FFP itself. They wouldn't suspend any CL ban for that.

That’s really disappointing.

A couple of things to clear up from earlier in the thread please. Firstly in 2014 did we open our books and business strategy to Uefa and then those details were passed on to Manchester United via Gill. Secondly. If we lose and are banned for two years and by then the new Uefa qualifying rules have kicked in and we are not invited, would winning the premiership guarantee our entry. I thought that was what Ceferin said recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.