COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought when either teflon dom or his wife, whoever showed symptoms first, then that person should have been isolated in one room so other members of household didnt contract it. Then the non symptom parent could look after the child, so why were both the symptomatic parent and non symptomatic parent both in close contact in a car for x5 hours. The child care issue would only become more critical if both parents were to be incapacitated. So therefore its not responsible to be in close contact, as its more likely to incapacitate both parents. The government state that high majority of infected people will only display mild symptoms so therefore its more likely that at least x1 parent if not both would only have mild symptoms and be likely to order groceries online if needed, thats if they cannot telephone a local extended family member or friend to drop off to the home with social distancing......

Reactions: Vic
Spectacular misunderstanding about how the virus spreads.
So you'd know that the risks of both parents (young, no underlying health problems) being "incapacitated" were remote. They're saying they self-isolated in an outhouse at his parents' home - but if they had become incapacitated, who there was supposed to care for them and their infant? The vulnerable aged parents...

(And what about parents in a small flat with no second home or no car to go anywhere else?)

Actually, the worst may be that he was frit.

All of you who stayed home, who didn’t break the lockdown, who didn’t see your parents, kids or loved ones, those of you who didn’t attend funerals, you just didn’t love your family enough. Unlike cummings, who “acted responsibly, legally & with integrity”.
The problem is you seek to hold Cummings to account on the basis of his position of high office which he actually doesn't hold. The real issue is that we have unelected people inserted into positions of high influence rather than high office. Apart from the fact that people want to hang himout to dry because he's a ****, he has no more moral obligation to the lockdown than any of the other idiots we've all seen doing daft / selfish things in the last few weeks.

Please enlighten me,why were we told to stay home if moving about didn't spread it

Disappointing for two posters with a personal axe to grind using a pandemic to do it,grow up

Do you reckon a four year old does a 260 mile car trip twice without needing a break?
I’m not sticking up for dom, horrible little man by all accounts. What annoys me is the lack of nuanced thinking by certain prolific posters. It’s not a black and white issue. Lockdown is just a trite phrase - it doesn’t mean what it says. Like I keep saying to you - going to the shops and encountering possibly dozens of people indoors increases the chances of spreading / contracting the virus far more than banging a hooker or dropping a kid off with his grandparents or going to a second home does.
It’s wrong for those in charge or in positions of influence not to practise what they preach but their actions don’t necessarily contribute to the virus spreading any faster than if they’d all just popped to Asda.

You seem like a class warrior to me, jealous of the rich and powerful.

Ooh - official UK civil service tweet

"Arrogant and offensive"..."these truth twisters".

Taken down already. The only inquiry will be into who posted that.

The problem is you seek to hold Cummings to account on the basis of his position of high office which he actually doesn't hold. The real issue is that we have unelected people inserted into positions of high influence rather than high office. Apart from the fact that people want to hang himout to dry because he's a ****, he has no more moral obligation to the lockdown than any of the other idiots we've all seen doing daft / selfish things in the last few weeks.
So the man in high office who picked him has no moral obligation either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.