COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I discovered Cummings child was autistic I would have said he had no grounds for doing what he did at all, but his 4 year old is autistic and you can only leave such children with close friends/relatives that the child knows very, very well.
It makes no difference in politics of course. Cummings is the story now and as an advisor, he shouldn't be. There will be faux outrange from his political enemies (Tory enemies too) till Cummings is gone. It is the nature of the beast.

I disagree. I think there is a Cult of Cummings that won’t see the facts because he was important to achieving Brexit and helping Boris to become PM.

Whether that is right or wrong, the government defending him and keeping him on only further feeds that narrative.

And having this underlying more and more established notion (again, regardless of it being right or wrong) of an unelected highly controversial manipulator pulling the strings being untouchable, is just such a dangerous and unsustainable way to govern, in such a precarious time. It is a neverending divisive distraction that dilutes any decision.

Not quite. Yougov says in their poll 52% think he should resign. 66% of Remainers say he should but only 45% of Leavers (but that may just reflect Labour/Tory split - they didn't say).

You have just endorsed my point when you say the majority of leavers want him to stay. Also, I wasn’t bothered if he is sacked, resigns or have his role altered so he is no longer influential on Brexit strategy.

We know Cummings doesn’t, “Follow the Science”; broke the guidelines and he was the architect of “herd immunity”. That’s enough grounds to to end his role (re Covid) regardless of political affiliation and importance to Brexit.

He will keep his position and won’t give a fuck who he upsets because he knows he’s untouchable.
Boris hasn’t got the bollocks to sack him and the more rabid Tories (as seen by a few on here already) will insist he did nothing wrong and in fact it’s the media’s fault.
It’s as predictable as it is sad. Politics in the U.K. is broken and this pandemic was a chance for the government to win over those who have doubted them. Somehow they’ve managed to do the exact opposite.

Until I discovered Cummings child was autistic I would have said he had no grounds for doing what he did at all, but his 4 year old is autistic and you can only leave such children with close friends/relatives that the child knows very, very well.
It makes no difference in politics of course. Cummings is the story now and as an advisor, he shouldn't be. There will be faux outrange from his political enemies (Tory enemies too) till Cummings is gone. It is the nature of the beast.

I thought Cummings had a sister living in London as well as an aide / assistant who lives two streets away. Do we know where Cummings kid is on the Spectrum eg are they highly functioning.

I am more interested in the strategy behind the Covid 19 response rather than the politics. Cummings would have known that community centres to help people with learning disabilities had been left unprotected to the virus and this might have contributed to him panicking. (I’m not saying this support was suitable for his lad btw).

Cummings could have apologised for flouting the rules and more people might be understanding. Anyone can make mistakes under intense pressure, particularly when it affects ones family. That said, your seem to think it’s about Cummings being a Conservative but this isn’t about one nation Conservatism that would have tried safeguard the vulnerable and reject “herd immunity”.

I am not interested in Cummings being sacked but why should he keep his current role, when he’s being disastrous during the pandemic.

Last edited:
I thought Cummings had a sister living in London as well as an aide / assistant who lives two streets away. Do we know where Cummings kid is on the Spectrum eg are they highly functioning.

Inam more interested in the strategy behind the Covid 19 response rather than the politics. Cummings would have known that community centres to help people with learning disabilities had been left unprotected to the virus and this might have contributed to him panicking. (I’m not saying this support was suitable for his lad btw).

Cummings could have apologised for flouting the rules and more people might be understanding. Anyone can make mistakes under intense pressure, particularly when it affects ones family. That said, your seem to think it’s about Cummings being a Conservative but this isn’t about one nation Conservatism that would have tried safeguard the vulnerable and reject “herd immunity”.

I am not interested in Cummings being sacked but why should he keep his current role, when he’s being disastrous during the pandemic.

The **** should be sacked on the spot
Can you imagine if we all did the same thing he must have stopped for fuel, his kid would have needed a piss etc potentially infecting more people, he made the slogan Stay At Home well that twat certainly didn’t

I am more interested in the strategy behind the Covid 19 response rather than the politics. Cummings would have known that community centres to help people with learning disabilities had been left unprotected to the virus and this might have contributed to him panicking. (I’m not saying this support was suitable for his lad btw).

Think it's his wife who has a sister in London.

The **** should be sacked on the spot
Can you imagine if we all did the same thing he must have stopped for fuel, his kid would have needed a piss etc potentially infecting more people, he made the slogan Stay At Home well that twat certainly didn’t

That’s a fair point. I think if Cummings had been very apologetic straight away then there would still be a role for him but it is a disgrace that he’s put service station staff at risk and his parents. Some of the one eyed posters on here must be sympathetic to his views on eugenics too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.