COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised to see people splitting hairs over what counts as protecting their son. I think it's fair and reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt on that part given a 4 year old is involved.

What's not fair is doing a day trip to a tourist spot when everyone else is sticking to the rules. The way Shapps and Johnson answered the questions about that yesterday make it clear he did do the day trip to Barnard's Castle. Having a nice day out when everyone else is staying within walking distance of their home is a piss take. One rule for me and one for everyone else.

I don't expect the questions about that to stop until they give a straight answer.

If he actually had covid at that time and went to Barnard Castle knowing he had it he should be on a manslaughter charge.

I'm surprised to see people splitting hairs over what counts as protecting their son. I think it's fair and reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt on that part given a 4 year old is involved.

What's not fair is doing a day trip to a tourist spot when everyone else is sticking to the rules. The way Shapps and Johnson answered the questions about that yesterday make it clear he did do the day trip to Barnard's Castle. Having a nice day out when everyone else is staying within walking distance of their home is a piss take. One rule for me and one for everyone else.

I don't expect the questions about that to stop until they give a straight answer.

I am no fan of Cummings.

However in terms of your post, it is not one rule for him and one for everyone else. It's one set of rules for everyone and it is up to everyone to decide how they wish to interpret them and the extent to which they want to stick to them.

Apparently he broke the rules (honestly I don't know the details - I have not been following it). Like millions of other people have also broken the rules yet about whom there is no which hunt. The PM has backed him so essentially that's the end of it. In a sane world, people would think honestly who the fuck cares and we would move on.

But I agree the press and others will not let this drop. Why? Not because it's a really big deal, but because the press are cockroaches who will do anything for a click. And others are Tory-haters who will jump on anything anti-Tory. The faux outrage has bugger all to do with what he did. It's about who he is.

But I agree the press and others will not let this drop. Why? Not because it's a really big deal, but because the press are cockroaches who will do anything for a click. And others are Tory-haters who will jump on anything anti-Tory. The faux outrage has bugger all to do with what he did. It's about who he is.

Spot on but let's be fair, this is Labour and their SPAD the opposition and press are behaving in exactly the same way.

It is what it is.

I am no fan of Cummings.

However in terms of your post, it is not one rule for him and one for everyone else. It's one set of rules for everyone and it is up to everyone to decide how they wish to interpret them and the extent to which they want to stick to them.

Apparently he broke the rules (honestly I don't know the details - I have not been following it). Like millions of other people have also broken the rules yet about whom there is no which hunt....
Utterly weird.

You don't know the details, and you think it's up to everyone to decide whether to stick to the rules - even the guy that wrote the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.