COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty will be and I think parents will be allowed to make their own decision on whether it’s right for their kids without fear of falling foul of the authorities for keeping them home. Makes more sense than a blanket “no schools should open” policy pursued by the unions
I suppose if it's ok for the parents not to let their kids go in, then it should be the same option for the the teachers. So decision to open or not, would need to be at school level at least, or you could have kids turning up and no teachers there.

I think giving your kids a fundamentally better chance of not getting the virus significantly trumps a few weeks missed education
If you factor in the minuscule chance of kids becoming ill from the virus and weigh in the various detrimental aspects of not attending school for many kids then I don’t think it’s such a clear cut decision to make

My daughter's school is splitting class into 2 groups A and B. A will be in Monday and Tuesday, weds will be cleaning day and group B will be in Thurs and Fri.
Grand daughters is similar but her mum and dad holding back for now as her immune system is knackered since she had sepsis at 12 weeks.

If you factor in the minuscule chance of kids becoming ill from the virus and weigh in the various detrimental aspects of not attending school for many kids then I don’t think it’s such a clear cut decision to make
As a parent of an 11 year old who is due to return to school 2 weeks today, it is a hugely fucking difficult decision to make, BUT lives are more important than missed education, as I said.

I suppose if it's ok for the parents not to let their kids go in, then it should be the same option for the the teachers. So decision to open or not, would need to be at school level at least, or you could have kids turning up and no teachers there.
Disagree. I think parents have a right to be extra protective of young kids in these strange times whereas teachers have an obligation to show up for work and teach kids whose parents have decided to send them providing measures have been taken to minimise the risk.

It’s not perfect but any education is better than none
Was just attempting to explain one possible reason why state schools will take longer than the private sector to get back to "normal".

No, it's far from perfect, but there really are only two possible solutions to the issues that smaller class sizes create, and they are, more teachers OR smaller school population, neither of which will happen.

If the general public were taking their "home learning" duties seriously the debate wouldn't be "some education is better than none"; but that's a debate for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.