UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are successful at CAS and the charges are dismissed, I expect the media to go full steam into " how we have cheated the system and avoided the punishment we deserve " mode. They have invested too much into the dragging down of the club in favour of their elite favourites to changes their stance imo.

From the people itk on the subject, our enemies are many who will not want to see City exonerated as anything other than cheats who should be removed from the field of competition at all costs.

This hatred towards the club has been due to fear and jealousy of what we have become and what we are capable of achieving if not stopped by whatever means possible.

I would love to be bullish and say otherwise but I fear that the shit the club suffers in the media is here for a long time ahead.

I agree, i'd say you are right on that.

Obviously, we need to be cleared at CAS first of all, and get the ban anulled.

Therafter, you know what, fuck them, let them baste themselves in whatever shit they can churn out.

If CAS judgement were to exonerate City on all charges and believed person or persons within the EUFA

process acted improperly does that automatically invoke an inquiry into that wrongdoing, or would City

as party involved have to initiate something, [and if they wanted to], or is that not within remit of CAS?

If there were to be an inquiry, which body would action that, an independent body within EUFA or other?

I don't see that there's would be anything automatic unless UEFA regs say there is - I doubt there is though.

Ceferin could demand one, and might if He's intent on reform.

FFP doesn’t stop dodgy fuckers from owning football clubs and anyone who thinks it does needs to give their heads a serious wobble. Look at the Oyston family for starters - the worst type of owners imaginable (and English as well so it’s not just those pesky foreigners who ruin football clubs), yet Blackpool would’ve passed Premier League and UEFA FFP with flying colours. Same goes for Portsmouth and Leeds when they fell from grace - an examination of the most recent set of accounts for both clubs immediately prior to them going into administration showed that both would’ve passed PL FFP easily and even UEFA’s stricter version. Look at Bury - do you think FFP would’ve saved them from going bust?

I never said FFP would stop dodgy owners, I was speaking specifically about Chelsea and how it would prevent Abramovich building up 1bn in debt for Chelsea. FFP is not aimed at Blackpool or Portsmouth, they have their own (completely ignored) rules that are designed to protect them. The losses acceptable under FFP at European level would cripple 99% of teams outside the PL. There is a lot of talk of spreading a larger proportion of the PL TV money among the lower leagues. I would be in favour of this if it comes with strict regulation. Check out the Swiss Ramble twitter page on Leeds, their accounts are insane yet probably the best in the championship, Preston for example had wages to turnover ratio off over 150%. These clubs are gambling their clubs future on hitting the PL jackpot. Any club with a wage to Turner % above a certain figure should be entitled to no TV money.

I have visions of the press conference after we (hopefully) win our case and have the ban quashed. The media who have slagged us off are all there. Delaney, Harris x 2, Syed, Glendenning, Conn, Corbett, etc.

Khaldoon walks in, wearing his sunglasses, stands there silent for a moment while he looks into the eyes of the hacks. He then slowly removes his glasses and says quietly "We told you. We fucking told you we were innocent you ****s. Yet you didn't believe us and called us grubby, cheats, liars and things. You insulted our honour and integrity. Now you'll pay the price. Goodbye."

He then walks out, the doors are locked and the hacks wonder what's going on. Just then, a partition at the back of the room opens and there's a cage of snarling wild carnivores in them. Lions, tigers and wild dogs that haven't been fed for days. There's a click and the gate that separates the hacks from these ravenous wild beasts slowly opens....

Well, a man can dream can't he?

I have visions of the press conference after we (hopefully) win our case and have the ban quashed. The media who have slagged us off are all there. Delaney, Harris x 2, Syed, Glendenning, Conn, Corbett, etc.

Khaldoon walks in, wearing his sunglasses, stands there silent for a moment while he looks into the eyes of the hacks. He then slowly removes his glasses and says quietly "We told you. We fucking told you we were innocent you ****s. Yet you didn't believe us and called us grubby, cheats, liars and things. You insulted our honour and integrity. Now you'll pay the price. Goodbye."

He then walks out, the doors are locked and the hacks wonder what's going on. Just then, a partition at the back of the room opens and there's a cage of snarling wild carnivores in them. Lions, tigers and wild dogs that haven't been fed for days. There's a click and the gate that separates the hacks from these ravenous wild beasts slowly opens....

I do like your dreams, could do with some naked ladies in it.

?

just use the bullies tactic over the road "your paper can come to matches press conferences and likes but you lot aren't invited
job done

I suspect that many of us would pay to see that outcome PB.

The worst part of all this will be the month that follows the actual hearing.

That's a month of speculation, innuendo and supposed claims of legitimate leaks.

I have no legal background, so is it wrong to presume either party would get a strong feeling about how the hearing went, would the briefings start?

If there really is knock-it-out-of-the-park stuff provided, I don't see why it would then take another month to do the summing up?

I am still of the opinion CAS will say to both parties during the closed hearing to piss off during that window and agree a suitable outcome, without compromising either side?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.