Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

My nurse daughter tested for it today. Fingers crossed for a negative result on Thursday/Friday.

My brother in Cambridge was in hospital over the weekend with it. Home now with loads of meds and feeling a bit better apparently. His partner is a care home manager who had a slight cough a week or so ago.

Although I wouldn't profess to have a huge circle of friends I find it odd that no-one I know (family, friends, customers all over the UK) has been confirmed as having Covid-19 after all this time. The closest to it is my son saying a couple of his uni friends 'think' they had it but weren't tested.

The wife and I still don’t know anyone that’s had it , let alone died from it .. Have some family in London , nobody they know has had it either ..

Although I wouldn't profess to have a huge circle of friends I find it odd that no-one I know (family, friends, customers all over the UK) has been confirmed as having Covid-19 after all this time. The closest to it is my son saying a couple of his uni friends 'think' they had it but weren't tested.
The wife and I still don’t know anyone that’s had it , let alone died from it .. Have some family in London , nobody they know has had it either ..
I think that’s says a lot about you two and the people you both know... in a good way, I mean.

You both probably know people who have acted properly within the rules and done the right things throughout so that they have all avoided contracting the virus.

Of course, people do get it from pure chance or being in situations they cannot avoid. But I think a lot has to do with the way people act.

My next door neighbour, an elderly lady in her 70's died from this several weeks ago. She lived on her own, but sadly her middle-aged children and their children would come and go as they pleased ultimately resulting in tragedy.

Her eldest son has gone from mocking people who took extra precautions in following the rules to being the loudest advocate for social distancing on all of my social media feeds.

I know of over a dozen people who have died from this
Mainly due to some of my work relating to care homes
It's been an absolute kick in the teeth tbh

My Gf's brothers gf (sister in law basically) had it a few weeks back. She lives next door but stayed at her Mums and had it pretty bad but made a full recovery and back to work. She picked it up while working in a care home.

I think that’s says a lot about you two and the people you both know... in a good way, I mean.

You both probably know people who have acted properly within the rules and done the right things throughout so that they have all avoided contracting the virus.

Of course, people do get it from pure chance or being in situations they cannot avoid. But I think a lot has to do with the way people act.
You are right , we have all been careful, easier for some of us living in the sticks .. Three close relatives would get very ill if they contracted it tho because of underlying health issues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.