UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't underestimate the importance of United needing to qualify for the Champion's League next season in this decision - Covid has cost them dear in match day revenue and missing out again would mean a big drop in their sponsorship revenue.

Yep that’s why Gill and his history pals came up with a 2 year ban expecting it to be reduced to one if appealed but they didn’t count on us going to cas plus I feel our owner won’t settle for any ban when we broke zero rules.

Do you think city will except THAT when we broke no rules?

They will take it further!

Agree with every word. Khaldoon has never claimed that the ban and fine are disproportiate. He has said that City presented evidence , which was irrefutable and which proved we have not breached FFP. I can't see how Cas can present their decision, " Manchester Cityy FC have presented irrefutable evidence to the effect that there have been no breaches of FFP. We therefore find the two year ban and 30 million euro fine disproportionate and advise UEFA to reconsider and impose a ban of shorter duration."

What reason do we have, at this stage, not to trust our chairman, our CEO and, we might add, our manager, who has told us he has seen the evidence. Or do we give greater credibility to leaks from M Leterme and friends?

Don't underestimate the importance of United needing to qualify for the Champion's League next season in this decision - Covid has cost them dear in match day revenue and missing out again would mean a big drop in their sponsorship revenue.
Exactly! They are seriously fucked if they miss out and this play a huge part in the outcome I think

Exactly! They are seriously fucked if they miss out and this play a huge part in the outcome I think

Wonder what the conversations between Gill and the history cronies to stitch us went!? Like city said at the leaks it’s attempt to discredit and damage Manchester City image!

Make No mistake Gill is the ring leader oh I wish we had shit on that crook.

Have they bribed CAS?

It wouldn’t surprise me the damage that a 2 year ban would do to us, it would take us years to get back while we lose some of our best players and manager. The gill and his cronies know this and why they have gone out there way to do us.

It wouldn’t surprise me the damage that a 2 year ban would do to us, it would take us years to get back while we lose some of our best players and manager. The gill and his cronies know this and why they have gone out there way to do us.
Gill is biassed at the least, but there is no evidence that CAS can be corrupted. For the final outcome to be predicated on the rags' needs would require CAS to rule that we have breached ffp. If we have not, they will dismiss the charges, surely?

Reactions: nmc
Yep that’s why Gill and his history pals came up with a 2 year ban expecting it to be reduced to one if appealed but they didn’t count on us going to cas plus I feel our owner won’t settle for any ban when we broke zero rules.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what they would have counted on, cos they would have known there was no way we would ever accept a ban of any kind, never mind a 2 year one. That’s why they made it 2 years, to afford CAS the wriggle room/temptation to reduce it to 1 year, and mitigate against the prospect of them exonerating us altogether.
What makes me additionally twitchy about our chances of having the ban completely overturned is that UEFA CL revamp announcement, with qualifying coefficients based on the next 3 seasons only, and ergo with the expectation that we will be out of the equation. Given that excluding us has always been the name of the game, why make that announcement prior to our hearing, cos if our ban is overturned then they’ll have to immediately reinvent those qualifying criteria in order to exclude us on some other grounds. The only conclusion I can draw is that, for whatever reason, they are confident we won’t get the ban overturned

Last edited:
I wonder if we have evidence against the persons who sit on both boards of UEFA. If we do have evidence what is it. Also will it bring down both of these boards. Will it force UEFA to do a foot and branch clearance off everyone who works there.

Gill is biassed at the least, but there is no evidence that CAS can be corrupted. For the final outcome to be predicated on the rags' needs would require CAS to rule that we have breached ffp. If we have not, they will dismiss the charges, surely?

Yep they should. If Uefa show that we say found a loop hole and they say it breaches a uefa rule that spirit of the game?! I don’t know I just don’t trust Gill and Uefa. Read somewhere that Uefa say act all nice in front of you then connive behind your back and why we will take it further if the outcome doesn’t favour us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.