COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would you rather have?
Right now, neither.

Having said that, modern anti-retrovirals mean that HIV no longer has any effect on life expectancy, which is not the same for CV19.

If I was 65 and with heart disease, I'd much rather be given a dose of HIV than CV19.

Last edited:
The article is suggesting Covid-19 is like HIV, I would say that is fear mongering.
The article said it’s like HIV [in terms of evading T killer cells and thus there’s no guaranteed immunity and a vaccine may not be viable].

What is scaremongering about that for anyone that read the article?

So let's get this right, the alert level remains at 4,and yet we are now beginning to ease lockdown rules, kid's back to school, people back to work, transport to be rammed again with worker's commuting, people allowed in each others gardens, now feel free to pull me on this but didn’t that bullshitting sack of shit Johnson say there will be no easing of the lockdown until the level dropped to 3 or did I imagine that?

That was BC - Before Cummings.

The article said it’s like HIV [in terms of evading T killer cells and thus there’s no guaranteed immunity and a vaccine may not be viable].

What is scaremongering about that for anyone that read the article?

Lets wait and see whether their findings are actually true mate.

South Korea also have a higher population density. Although one thing I would say is that it's a lot easier to track and trace when you don't have thousands of active cases, as you don't when you get it up and running quickly rather than a few months into the crisis.
Paraphrased as "it's a lot easier to track and trace when you don't make a complete fuck up of things, sitting on your arse doing nothing whilst the infection was running rampant through the population".

Right now, neither.

Having said that, modern anti-retrovirals mean that HIV no longer has any effect on life expectancy, which is not the same for CV19.

If I was 65 and with heart disease, I'd much rather be given a dose of HIV than CV19.

Wow. You'd rather have HIV than coronavirus. I'm done.

Right now, neither.

You'd have a lot more fun catching it that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.