Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/former-liverpool-fc-chief-executive-3424056
Blames anything & everything but them,no mention of the attack...infact it kind of resembles the shite you posted earlier which looked like it had been nicked from one of the cult members on RAWK
That is one of the most bizarre interviews I have ever seen. The Editor of Pravda would have been proud of it. It is absurd to have a discussion about Heysel with no reference to the hooliganism shown by a section of Liverpool fans but the Liverpool Echo manage to do it here.

I think this is fair comment. I remember large parts of the ‘81 FA Cup final (when I was 11) like it was yesterday. I even remember what hotel we stayed in and what I had for breakfast.

Exactly. The thrill of Wembley for the first time, especially back then when it actually meant something to play there, is up there with anything in my football memories. To clarify, when I say it meant something, I’m referring to the fact that you had to be in a final as opposed to these days where there’s Wembley semis and the old neutral venue days are long gone. Nothing to do with on the field achievements if you get me, more that back then Wembley was a much bigger deal as a fan.

Because it doesn’t matter how old you are, you always remember your first big final. I didn’t go to Heysel as I was too young for that trip but went to Wembley the following year with my old man to see us win the Double. I could tell you ridiculously minor and obscure details from that day.
My point is that fans recall all sorts of little things from the big days and kids have better sponge minds than most. I saw young kids, 10/11, who were Spurs and Liverpool in Madrid with their dads and every one of them was walking round in the plazas utterly open mouthed and blown away. They’d never seen anything like that in their lives and I’d bet they could recount that whole day in full forever.
You can mock him for his memories of that day, but I’ve no doubt you can recall the stupidest of details from that play off final.
1. Not really. I don’t remember the tube station where my Dad parked even. I was pissed the night before.

2. It wasn’t KloppitE’s first final. He was in Rome the year before watching missiles being pelted at a Liverpool coach as it crossed the Tibor river.

Exactly. The thrill of Wembley for the first time, especially back then when it actually meant something to play there, is up there with anything in my football memories. To clarify, when I say it meant something, I’m referring to the fact that you had to be in a final as opposed to these days where there’s Wembley semis and the old neutral venue days are long gone. Nothing to do with on the field achievements if you get me, more that back then Wembley was a much bigger deal as a fan.
Yeah, my old man (who’s a united fan) took me, although he was cheering for City that day, which became unimaginable in later years. It’s funny because he lived near Maine Road as a kid, and was one of those fans who alternated between Maine Road and old trafford when he was younger, but then has grown to have quite a bit of animosity towards City in later life. Shows how the psychology around supporting a football club has changed in the last 70 years.

I remember where we sat, who was sat next to us, and buying a ‘silk’ City scarf outside the ground. So I completely get how someone would remember the minutiae from a big game at that age.

That is one of the most bizarre interviews I have ever seen. The Editor of Pravda would have been proud of it. It is absurd to have a discussion about Heysel with no reference to the hooliganism shown by a section of Liverpool fans but the Liverpool Echo manage to do it here.
There isn’t a single part of that article that even invites the inference. Absolutely fucking shameful.

1. Not really. I don’t remember the tube station where my Dad parked even. I was pissed the night before.

2. It wasn’t KloppitE’s first final. He was in Rome the year before watching missiles being pelted at a Liverpool coach as it crossed the Tibor river.

A couple of months before the League Cup Final (wasn’t afforded the replay at Maine Road) to be precise but that doesn’t detract from his pertinent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.