Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is neither Liverpool nor City fans can claim any sort of moral high ground when it comes to Munich. None at all. It’s a pretty facile argument, there are no winners in this.
Are you his PA?

Italy per se bar Milan who don’t tend to have any political tendencies.

Gorgeous country ..... when there’s no togger on.

From someone who absolutely lives for European trips, I swerved Naples this year. Twice in that absolute cesspit of inhumanity is more than enough for me. Couldn’t pay me to go back there. Absolutely NO fun at all the whole trip watching yer back in that moody ____hole.

There comes a point where your own personal safety outweighs everything and Naples and Turin are that point.
I could say almost the same things, only about Anfield.
My first experience of the famous Anfield "hospitality" was after the match in the 1967/68 season. I had to travel on the regular Trans-Pennine service to Lime Street as the football special (remember them) was full. I survived getting to the game and seeing the match, but on the way back, A gang of around 15 cheeky chappies must have seen my scarf and gave chase. In those days, fortunately for myself, I could do the 100 yards in 10.5 seconds and the 440 in well under a minute. They stopped the chase after about 75 yards, but I think I broke my PB for the 880 as well! I got home safely.
The last time I went to that ground was in the 1972/73 season, and I've still got the scar on my hand to prove it. Our coach was bricked not far from the ground and a shard of glass embedded itself in my knuckle. It was still bleeding when I got home.
I vowed then that I would never go there again.

Don't get me wrong. I have many friends on Merseyside, as our sister office was based in the Triad in Bootle, and have visited companies all over the area. One thing I never talked about was football.

I could say almost the same things, only about Anfield.
My first experience of the famous Anfield "hospitality" was after the match in the 1967/68 season. I had to travel on the regular Trans-Pennine service to Lime Street as the football special (remember them) was full. I survived getting to the game and seeing the match, but on the way back, A gang of around 15 cheeky chappies must have seen my scarf and gave chase. In those days, fortunately for myself, I could do the 100 yards in 10.5 seconds and the 440 in well under a minute. They stopped the chase after about 75 yards, but I think I broke my PB for the 880 as well! I got home safely.
The last time I went to that ground was in the 1972/73 season, and I've still got the scar on my hand to prove it. Our coach was bricked not far from the ground and a shard of glass embedded itself in my knuckle. It was still bleeding when I got home.
I vowed then that I would never go there again.

Don't get me wrong. I have many friends on Merseyside, as our sister office was based in the Triad in Bootle, and have visited companies all over the area. One thing I never talked about was football.

Horrible times everywhere ay?

My first game was in 1980 and I didn’t ‘break out’, so to speak, to regularly going by myself/ with mates until ‘87/88. So I missed most of it. I mean it was still bad enough then all over but I’m happy looking back I missed the ‘70’s at the match through age.

Mad how we get on so well with each other with both City’s so alike except when it comes to football isn’t it?

Although we now at least always get a nice reception in a pub who’s name escapes me above the mini-Eithiad up Clayton. Maine Road was always strictly in and out and hope for the best.

Changed times thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.