UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are well and truly in the **** in the court of public opinion had talk sport on multiple ex managers and players talking of everyone leaving managers players. Then Rob Harris comes on and says we are trying to get off on a technicality of the emails being stolen and then saying how city fans seem to think they are being persecuted but look at all these other clubs who have been banned. Consensus in a lot of the media seems to be a reduction in ban. Basically ignoring what we actually said which is we are innocent
Nothing Rob Harris (the ex Manchester Grammar School Rag) says can be trusted. Just a few months ago he accused us of not showing enough respect to UEFA just weeks after Yves Leterme (who led the investigaton into us) was totally discredited over the PSG decison and Al Khelafi (UEFA Exec, boss of Bein sports, and prominent Qatari leader) was charged with corruption by the Swiss authorities.
He has no credibilty as a journalist. Perhaps he should just stick to his appearances on Qatari propaganda channels like Al Jazeera.

Realistically it would have an impact, but would just put us back where we were in say 2010-11 with a much sounder business model and a higher quality group of players.

We didn't do bad from there did we?.
I don't believe it will even put us back that far. We are not going to lose all the current squad over 2 years. We have 5 or 6 young players good enough to play in any Premier League team outside the top 4. If big priced players are sold there are plenty of reasonably priced young players to buy who would relish the prospect of playing for City with a view to long term success. The most vital thing I believe is keeping the administration team from Khaldoon to Pep together, we will have ups and downs but we the the solid foundations to get through.

Along the lines of Citys massive spending in Manchester you would think the council would be singing from the rooftops about how good Citys owners have been for Manchester. Or have I missed something.

man city have put manchester and east manchester back on the map and a city where people want to live again. the council have welcome the money but have to stay neutral because not everybody is into football or sport

but yes your right the council should be backing city on this and shouting it from the CIS building ? and a partnership is backing each other

Nothing Rob Harris (the ex Manchester Grammar School Rag) says can be trusted. Just a few months ago he accused us of not showing enough respect to UEFA just weeks after Yves Leterme (who led the investigaton into us) was totally discredited over the PSG decison and Al Khelafi (UEFA Exec, boss of Bein sports, and prominent Qatari leader) was charged with corruption by the Swiss authorities.
He has no credibilty as a journalist. Perhaps he should just stick to his appearances on Qatari propaganda channels like Al Jazeera.
Spurs fan actually, according to my inside informant.

Yes but it's quite possible the evidence we have provided is our audited accounts. Which in itself is evidence of innocence.

The fact we appealed to CAS half way through the hearing shows clearly we were wary of the leaks and had no faith in the process.

I would hope we have more faith in the process at CAS, and there may well be more sensitive information we refused to provide to UEFA that we may well provide to CAS.

My concern is that CAS (like UEFA) will deem that it isn’t, and they will want specific evidence (ie the full email chain) that shows that the email published by Der Spiegel about how the ADUG shareholder (ie Sheikh Mansour) should best route funds into the club via Etihad, was simply a misunderstanding of process on the sender’s part.
That for me is the crux of the whole matter, namely that we were supplying the money to Etihad to in turn fund the club. Etihad’s fully audited accounts might better serve that purpose than our own

Isn’t the Mayor of Manchester a scouser?

Maybe that’s relevant.
Andy Burnham (Everton fan) is Mayor of Greater Manchester City are investing in the City of Manchester until recently the CEO was Howard Bernstein who is a City fan if I’m not mistaken he’s now a City Vice President

I’ve deliberately avoided most of the media or opinion piece on this as I just don’t think there’s enough actual fact out in the public domain to really know how this is going to go.

Personally though, I think about the whole slightly differently to others though. I don’t want us to be exonerated for the sake of it or on a technicality, I want us to be exonerated because what we have said in terms of having irrefutable proof is correct. I couldn’t care less about Uefa or what we’ve said to them, I do care about believing in what I’m told as a fan though and want to know it’s true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.